Home monitoring camera

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Home monitoring camera

If you have the camera in the middle of the driveway, one thing you could do is back the truck into it's spot. In that way the thief would be in the middle of the frame for both vehicles and you'd be closer to the front door when it rains...

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersTony,

I've chatted with Customer Support in Moncton whom confirmed to me (on two separate occasions) that this is a known problem in that the rule causes the 24/7 recording to stop.

I'll try testing this again at home over the weekend and report back but I've simply accepted this.
I've Been Around

someone please answer this, I would like to know as well.  BTW, this is such a bad system for the money.  I'm just waiting for my contract to expire than will be switching to someone else.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are looking for a 24/7 monitoring type camera, you would be best to not go with any of the alarm company ones.  Generally they are not great for this.

You would be much better going with a full blown separate stand alone DVR based camera system.

I Plan to Stick Around

Couple of questions on this:

1. I just bought a microSD card and put it in the system for continuous taping.  I assume that the only way to view the taped video is to put the card in a laptop/pc and view it with a media player

2. You say that it's a known issue and you've accepted it.  Does that mean I should remove any rule related to that specific camera?

Thanks,

Allan

Hello, @kimmal

I can appreciate your inquiry regarding the 24/7 recordings on the Touchscreen. 😃

The Touchscreen encrypts the data that is recorded on the card so that only it can read it. You cannot view any of the recordings directly from the SD card and it is not recommended to remove it from the Touchscreen. If you must remove the SD card please ensure you disable the 24/7 recording feature and then remove the card.

To view the recordings you will have to insert a USB drive and then download the recordings to the USB. This is the only way to get an unencrypted version of the video file. Insert a USB drive into the right side of the Touchscreen. From the Touchscreen press on the Camera widget, then press on View Recorded Video, then in the top right corner you should see a watermarked Save to USB. Follow the steps on screen to download content to your USB drive.

With regards to your second inquiry, I have tested this on my system and I am unable to replicate this issue. It may not be affecting all users. If this is affecting you, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can escalate this for you.

Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No problem, Click Here.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony