Geofence and Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Geofence and Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

I assume there is no way to set geofencing options with Rogers SHM.  Would be nice to automatically arm the system when I exit my geofence perimeter

**Labels Added**

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Geofence and Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

I dont think so.. it it would probably require having the app always active to monitor if your in/out of your geofence area.
Where the current app requires logging in.  (it will stay active for a period, but will disconnect after a while).

Best I set up, ended up getting one of the smart locks, so that when I locked the door as i left, it triggered to arm the system.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How did you get the Rogers Smart home monitoring to be triggered by your smart lock.  IFTTT?  I am looking at the smart lock option.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have one of the smart locks through rogers.
Its as a device, just as a sensor, camera, etc is.

So you can then do triggered events.

When the door is locked.
Then set the alarm system is in away.

Also have it for the reverse.  When the door is unlocked via the smart lock, disable the alarm.

Saves a lot of hassle of having to enter the code on the lock, then having to enter the code again on the keypad.