Cannot answer incoming calls. iPhone One Number App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cannot answer incoming calls. iPhone One Number App

Can someone help me. I cannot answer incoming calls with the One Number iPhone App. ios7. 5S.

When I receive an incoming call the phone rings with the default iPhone app, I can't even find incoming calls in the One Number call log. I have it set to 'stay connected' in preferences and when I open the app it says 'registered'. I can make calls fine.

Thanks

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cannot answer incoming calls. iPhone One Number App

I only have a regular 5, not a 5s.. but it seems to work ok here... well mostly.

Same settings, have it on always connected (as it has to be, for it to work when you close the app/screen locks).

When a call comes in, the one number app does come up.. but only for the first 1-2 rings.. then it goes over to the local iphone app.

I'm an Advisor

Very interesting question. If RON pops up, but the regular iPhone app takes over, will the call work on Wi-Fi? I've tried calling on the phone with RON and Wi-Fi, with cellular turned off, and it works fine. Haven't tried it with an incoming call, though, as I normally have RON running on my computer. Call logs on the phone app are confusing. If you make a call with the phone app, it shows up in its call log plus it shows up in my RON computer call log. However, any calls logged on the computer never show up in the phone app. This is inconsistent with how the computer app works. I don't understand why they don't show up on the phone app. RON is "smart" enough to know when you're logged in and what device you're using. Surely all the call log data is kept in the RON database, not on the calling device.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As far as i could test.. i would assume that once it flips to the iphone app.. that its using VOICE mintues, etc.. not data anymore.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue with the 4S, i have no problem with out going calls, but can't answer incoming calls after the first ring. Is there anyway to disable the local iPhone so the RON app has priority or how can i get back to the RON app once the local iPhone app takes over. This RON app is useless if I can only call out and not answer incoming calls.

Thanks for any help.