Can I connect Alexa to my Rogers Home Security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Can I connect Alexa to my Rogers Home Security

If you disconnect it will stop working but "should" keep working if you don't disconnect it.

I saw this same notification with earlier dates stating December. Bet they followed that timeline instead of waiting till January.

I will not be disconnecting now as everything still works but I have plans for additional devices and I will be looking into options aside from Rogers.

I'm also pretty angry because all of the devices I've purchased work only with Rogers. Can I have a $1000 refund Rogers?? Also since I have smart switches will you pay an electrician to change them to devices that will work with a different system??
I've Been Around

Google home is Dumb it listens in everything.Alexa mic can be muted. Kudos Rogers for dropping google but at least go to amazon for smart home
I'm Here A Lot

That's not true... Seems you have no experience with a google home. They all have mute switches on the back of them. 😉
I've Been Around

Did Rogers break comparability with SMH and Google Assistant? I kept having issues with lights suddenly inaccessible by Google. I unpaired and tries to repair to see if that fixed it. No luck repairing, and now I see i may not be able to? Is there a Work around?

Hello @Russ5 and welcome to the Community!

As of January 14th, 2020, Google Assistant is no longer compatible with Smart Home Monitoring systems. We’ll keep you posted if Google Assistant becomes compatible with SHM systems again in the future!

Please check out the FAQs for Google Assistant Discontinuation on Smart Home Monitoring by following the hyperlink.

RogersZia