Can I connect Alexa to my Rogers Home Security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can I connect Alexa to my Rogers Home Security

I am wondering if I can connect my Alexa unit to help control things, such as - turn off alarm system when I get up.  Connect to the various cameras, etc...

I came across articles for Google Assistant, but nothing on Alexa.

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Can I connect Alexa to my Rogers Home Security

Hello, @msbutton27.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for your query; it would nice when assistants from multiple platforms can be supported. At the moment, only Google Assistant is supported. Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I've Been Around

what commands are available through google assistant? other than light control. can smart locks be controlled ?

Hello, @ajarrar

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Being able to control your Home Automation functions via the Google Assistant is a really cool feature!

While I wish the smart locks were able to be controlled by the Google Assistant, this functionality is not available at this time. Please Click Here for the FAQ article for the Google Home and Smart Home Monitoring.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Just got an email they are dropping Google Assistant support. I will be dropping Rogers. That is SHM/TV/Internet/Phone and 2 cell phones... You did this to yourself Rogers. Thanks for all this useless equipment. Can I have a refund for buying your proprietary devices that are now going to be useless?

Hello, @amuldoon.

Thank you for joining Rogers Community and for your post. 

Due to upcoming updates to our customer authentication system, compatibility with Google Assistant will be impacted, as we are committed to the most advanced security standards for our customers. 

You can continue to use Google Assistant since your Google account is already linked with the Smart Home Monitoring account. However, if your Google account becomes unpaired from your Smart Home Monitoring system, you will not be able to reconnect it. 

We’ll keep you posted if Google Assistant becomes compatible with Smart Home Monitoring again in the future.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

This is unacceptable. If you add a new device you need to unlink and relink to google to update the list of devices. This basically means we will be unable to add or remove devices moving forward. This is a step backwards. Bells system supports both Google assistant and Alexa
I Plan to Stick Around

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, I'm just trying to understand as I recently got SMH (say 3 months ago) and now I'm on the 'journey' to automating my home. 

So Rogers SMH doesn't work with Alexa and won't work with Google Home/Assistant in the near future is what I'm hearing/reading, but does that mean that a light bulb that I currently have connected to the SMH hub won't be able to be discoverable by Google Home?  Or will it still be able to be discoverable and controlled through Google Home/Assistant if I were to want Google Home/Assistant be my primary home automation hub.  

Basically I got Rogers SMH for the actual monitoring part (replaced an out-dated ADT security system) and didn't really get it for the automation part of it although that was definitely a bonus.  So if a door is opened while we are away, the cops will still be called at some point.  If the system detects smoke, the fire department will still be called.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes existing devices will apparently work. Good luck if you have an issue because Rogers tells you to unlink it from the Google app. Then you won't be able to add it back. Also any device additions or removals won't be possible. This is a joke considering they gave out Google home devices saying they worked with SHM.