cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Schedule with Video

kimmal
I plan to stick around

Is it possible to create an automation that takes a video clip when the camera detects motion, but only between certain times of the day.  I have a video camera outside in our driveway, but am reaching the 100 clips daily, apparently we live on a busy street.  I really only want it to record between sunset and sunrise.  I can't seem to find where to actually put the schedule in.

Allan

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automation Schedule with Video

RogersTony

Hello, @kimmal

I know how tedious it can be to try sifting through all of those video clips when you really want to detect motion during certain hours only.

I have tested it via my App and this is indeed possible. Simply create the Rule for When Camera Motion, Take Video Clip with Camera. On the final screen before you hit Save, select At this time, choose the days you want the rule active, press next then select Start Sunset, press next then select End Sunrise, press next and Save.

Let us know if these steps work for you!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersTony

Hello, @kimmal

I know how tedious it can be to try sifting through all of those video clips when you really want to detect motion during certain hours only.

I have tested it via my App and this is indeed possible. Simply create the Rule for When Camera Motion, Take Video Clip with Camera. On the final screen before you hit Save, select At this time, choose the days you want the rule active, press next then select Start Sunset, press next then select End Sunrise, press next and Save.

Let us know if these steps work for you!

RogersTony

kimmal
I plan to stick around

Thanks for that RogersTony.  I just didn't scroll down on that last page 🙂

WPJ
I've been here awhile

When you make that rule double check it as I only get 1-2 video's a day but I get notified that the rule is triggered like 100 times a day. their system is broken

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation