WARNING - Email Scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

WARNING - Email Scam

Attention Rogers and Rogers customers - be wary of an email scam.

Adress from: angelo@rogerscommunication.com  "ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS"

"Important Update Regarding Your Rogers Account"

Body of text reads about system being broken into, no personal info taken, but log in to syncrhonise your account to reset your Rogers services.  Etc....

Official Rogers perhaps may want to send out notices???

***edited labels***

I've Been Around

Re: WARNING - Email Scam

I also received same email from:

Rogers Executive Office

Rogers Communications

September 09, 2011

Rogers is letting our customers know. 
That we have been informed by DMCA,a unauthorized attack has been took place at the Rogers datacenter.
We have a team at DMCA investigating and we are confident that the information
that was retrieved included some Rogers customers account number,but did not
include any customers personal information or financial information.
Based on everything we know,your accounts and confidential information 
will be synchronize to the new Voltage Security Inc. datacenter for a stronger encryption.

You will need to complete this synchronize update before the September the 10, 2011.
Your account can be suspend due security reasons.
We apologize if this cause you any incovenience.

The security of your information is a critical priority to us and we strive to handle it carefully at all times.

Loggin to your Rogers account to synchronize your details

Sincerly,

Angelo Monicoti

Senior IT Security

I've Been Here Awhile

This is not a rogers employee and our database makes no metion of DMCA or Voltage security... please call in if you have any concerns about your account... I would strongly suggest no following the link attached! 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Heres another one.......

===========================================================================================

----- Forwarded Message -----
To:
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 1:15:49 PM
Subject: Rogers Account Verification‏‏‏

Due to the congestion in all ........Rogers.co_ .....................users and removal of all unused Rogers Accounts,

Rogers would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button,

* Username: ......................... ...............
* Password: ................................ .............
* Date of Birth: ............................. .................
* Country Or Territory: ................ ..........................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently.
I've Been Around

I received an invitation -- via e-mail -- from "Rogers" for a Gift Giveaway. Can I trust it?

I clicked the link and took a screenshot of the site. Find it in my dropbox:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15795405/Screen%20Shot%202012-10-23%20at%2011.21.29%20AM.png

(Note to webmaster: Suggest you allow attachments on posts.)

Thanks,

=L=

_____

Leo Di Croce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, those ARE legit.

Myself as others have claimed them.  The rogers facebook and twitter accounts confirmed they are legit.

I Plan to Stick Around

@bright_guy wrote:

I received an invitation -- via e-mail -- from "Rogers" for a Gift Giveaway. Can I trust it? 

Bizarrely, this does seem to be a legitimate Rogers e-mail.

It's very, very, very, bad practice on the part of Rogers to send their customers e-mail asking them to click a link and then log in to get something free.

This is exactly how your account info get phished.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got one the other day, subject: "Rogers Account Change Details" with the wrong account number on it and it mentions a change I never requested (odd that it came right after a phone call to Rogers about something else).

So I went to the Rogers page and sent feedback.  Then I get an email from "Jennifer", with the Rogers Management Office, asking me to verify account, DOB, Postal Code and PIN.  Um, sorry Jennifer, not happening.  I forwarded the suspected email to the address from the second email two days ago.  And of course, I haven't received a response. 

I suspect all of these are bogus emails and Rogers is really starting to anger me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pmedmoe1

Roger doesn't reply to emails they send to customers. So that's the main reason why you aren't getting a reply. Why don't you flag it as a fishing email?

You can also contact Rogers via Live Chat and tell them about this so they know about it.
I Plan to Stick Around

So, if they don't reply to emails sent to me, why would I reply to emails sent by them?  That seriously makes absolutely no sense at all.....