cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Credit Inquiries from Rogers

Mmonette
I've been here awhile

Hello, I've been a Rogers customer for many years and decided to try posting here to get help after spending a lot of time calling various rogers numbers for help.

On Friday, January 24th I received an email from TransUnion that there were new changes to my credit report. I am signed up with TransUnion trough ScotiBanks credit report service, but this was the first time I had received this kind of email and at first thought it was just spam. I went and checkout the CreditView page on my ScotiaBank account and there were 2 new alerts for Credit Inquiry for January 23rd. I called Rogers on the 24th, I have both a small business account and a personal one. The Business rep I talk too wasn't much help, he just said that he didn't see anything on my account. The personal account rep also didn't find anything weird on my account, she said I should talk with the fraud department and transferred me over. The fraud department number went to a voicemail and I left them a message, they never called me back.

After spending all that time with rogers I decided to call TransUnion and see if they could help. The person I talk to did confirm the new credit inquiries and put a fraud alert on my account, they recommended that I call Equifax and do the same which I did.

I was hoping that would be the end of this, but on the 25th I had 2 new credit inquiries from Rogers and this morning I received 2 more alerts for changes to my credit report. When I check these new alerts were dated the 27th, The first one is listed as a NewTrade and the second one New Phone Number with the number listed.

I called Rogers again this morning and was given the phone number for the Fraud Department, it again went to voicemail. I left them a detailed message and now waiting to see if they will get back to me.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

**Labels Added**

44 REPLIES 44

Re: Unauthorized Credit Inquiries from Rogers

bivek_j
I've been around

I recently (few hours ago) received an unauthorized hard inquiry on my credit report from Rogers, I have NOT given anyone permission for any type of inquiry on my credit report in 2022. Please make a note not to allow any kind of inquiry into my credit score.

Could you please tell me why you did it, who did it, and who gave you permission to do it? 

@bivek_j you won't see any response from Rogers or the moderators on this forum.  You need to send the moderators a private message with your account details in order for them to look into the situation, and even then, there is no guarantee that they can provide an answer.  

To send the moderators a message, follow this link to @CommunityHelps when you're logged into the forum.  On that page is a link to Send a Message.   Follow that link to the message composition page.  Fill in the subject line and details in the space provided and hit Send when your done.  The message address will fill in automatically.  When you're logged into the forum, you will see a number overlaying the message symbol in the upper right hand corner of the page, indicating a message is sitting in your inbox.  Follow that message link down to the message inbox to see the response.  

Have you changed any of your Rogers services recently, which might have caused a hard inquiry?  You might not have been advised that a hard inquiry would run as part of any upgrade or change in service.  If thats the case, then the moderators can probably provide an answer to that one.  

If there's been no change to your Rogers services, you should contact Transunion or Equifax and demand that the hard inquiry be deleted from your credit file as it wasn't authorized and that your credit score be returned to its previous level.  I'd also ask for a Fraud Alert to be placed on the file, specifically including Rogers as the source of unauthorized and false credit inquiries.  

Rayner85
I've been around

Hi how did you make out with solving your issue? I am an existing Roger's customer as well and never missed a payment or been late on a payment. I added the Roger's ignite internet to my account for my seasonal camper and Roger's just ran a credit check without my consent and I have been given the run around by them. I am not very happy about this as I monitor my credit very closely and take pride in a very high score. How did you make out and did you come up with any answers? Thanks

Topic Stats