cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This offer doesn't make sense

robald
I'm here a lot

I received this offer from rogers and now they won't give it to me, when i called the number and no one returns my emails , what a scam. Here's the offer

Special savings for Ronald

Ignite Internet 150u + Ignite Starter

$

/mo.*

On a 2-year term. $50/mo thereafter. Prices subject to rate increase. Plus, you’ll get set-up & installation on us (valued at $149.99) and guaranteed pricing for 2 years!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: This offer doesn't make sense

Hello again @robald ,

Thank you for your reply! 

The email address "rogers@e.rogers.com" is normally intended to send out promotional communication which lead me to believe the email you received is legitimate.

Are you able to specify when you receive the email in question? Our offers are normally valid for a limited period of time which can be why it cannot be honored if it has expired.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersJo

Good Day @robald 

A warm welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post with us! 🙌 I can totally understand the importance of being cautious with the amount of phishing emails out there in this day and age. We're sorry to hear what transpired as this most certainly isn't the type of experience we want you to be having.

As a consumer myself, I too can appreciate some savings. Regrettably, we do not have the ability to send or receive emails as a method of communication. Alternatively you can connect with us via the following options here. In order to get this ironed out, I just have a few questions: 

What is the email address that you received this offer from? Are you able to kindly send us a screenshot of the email you've received while omitting any of your personal or account related information?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo

the email i received from was Rogers <rogers@e.rogers.com> and here is the screen shot

Rogers Mobile Customers:
Save big when you add Internet + TV.

Hello Ronald,

As a Rogers wireless customer, you’re getting a special offer on an Ignite Bundle with all-in-one Search using voice command, and our powerful WiFi technology, with superior home WiFi coverage and speed. Plus, get Disney+ for 6 months on us when you sign up!

Special savings for Ronald

Ignite Internet 150u + Ignite Starter

$

/mo.*

On a 2-year term. $50/mo thereafter. Prices subject to rate increase.

Plus, you’ll get set-up & installation on us (valued at $149.99) and guaranteed pricing for 2 years!

Get 6 months of Disney+ on us, only at Rogers

when you sign up with any Rogers bundle ($11.99/mo. thereafter).

Plus, set up and installation is on us!

Valued at $149.99

Call us to add an Ignite Bundle to your Rogers family.

1-844-675-9244

Expect more with Rogers

Ignite TV

Endless entertainment from live TV, On Demand2 and your favourite streaming service subscriptions.

Easy Search & Discovery

Find and discover your favourites with easy voice search and personalized recommendations.

Guaranteed Pricing

Promotional pricing guaranteed on a 2-year term.

Ignite Express Setup

Convenient, contactless and fast delivery for easy setup.

Rogers Communications | One Mount Pleasant Road | Toronto ON M4Y 2Y5© 2023 Rogers Communications

robald
I'm here a lot

I sent you a screen shot of the offer and never got an answer, is this offer real or fraud

Good day @robald,

Thank you for getting back to us. If you’ve received a suspicious email from Rogers, do NOT respond to the email, provide personal information online to the sender, send or forward it to others, or click on any links or attachments included within the email. Instead, forward the email to abuse@rogers.com.

Make sure to include the following details in your email to Rogers:

• Include a brief description of the issue
  • Copy and paste the full email headers above the body of the forwarded email

If you provided your PIN/password in response to the suspicious email, or if you don’t have a PIN/password already set up on your Rogers account, we highly recommend that you change or create a PIN/password now.

For future references, if you receive a suspicious email from another company, do NOT click on any links or open any attachments in the email. Instead, report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre:

The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre has a lot of information on known scams. Review their website to protect yourself from potential fraud.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Did you not see the email in my reply?? I still don't know if this is real or fraud 

Hello again @robald ,

Thank you for your reply! 

The email address "rogers@e.rogers.com" is normally intended to send out promotional communication which lead me to believe the email you received is legitimate.

Are you able to specify when you receive the email in question? Our offers are normally valid for a limited period of time which can be why it cannot be honored if it has expired.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

I received the email may 27/2023 and have been trying to redeem the offer since, so no it should not have expired if i have been trying and i think rogers should Honor this offer as it is legitimate 

Hello @robald !

Thanks for the additional details, we appreciate it! 🙂

It's certainly not a matter of us not wanting to honour the promotion, but it may be that it is now expired and no longer available for us to add. In many cases, when an offer has been removed from our database, we may not have have a way to retrieve it and have it applied. This may be the issue that our customer care agents are running into.

With that being said, if you'd like to send us a PM @CommunityHelps, we'd be more than willing to take another look to see if the offer is still available and we can go from there. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Don;t know what a PM is but yes you can look into this issue the funny thing is i responded right away to email and the person at rogers said the offer was no good, that alone seems like a fraudulent move from rogers 

Good morning @robald!

You can find out more about how to PM us by following this link: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

Regards,

RogersCorey

I think this is just another one of rogers double talk and rogers is famous for this type of thing.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation