cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texted a promotion. Not sure if legit

Mbnorton
I've been around

Got texted from 4901. Free data. For 24 months. Wants me to click a link. Is it legit

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Texted a promotion. Not sure if legit

RogersTony

Hello, @Mbnorton

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Its important to be vigilant to avoid the many scams that are out there.  This text message is definitely not legitimate, do not click the link or provide any information. Forward the text message to 7-7-2-6 (S-P-A-M) and then delete the message from your device.

Any communication from Rogers would be sent from a 5 digit short code SMS.

RogersTony

Update: @Mbnorton, we do send out offers from the 4901 short code. Our promotional SMS would typically direct you to sign into your MyRogers to accept the offer. Once you log into MyRogers via a desktop browser you should be able to view the offer on the main page. If you have more than one line, please check all of the lines for applicable promotions. Just as an FYI, please be vigilant about sharing personal and financial info or clicking on links sent from unknown senders :). - RogersZia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersTony

Hello, @Mbnorton

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Its important to be vigilant to avoid the many scams that are out there.  This text message is definitely not legitimate, do not click the link or provide any information. Forward the text message to 7-7-2-6 (S-P-A-M) and then delete the message from your device.

Any communication from Rogers would be sent from a 5 digit short code SMS.

RogersTony

Update: @Mbnorton, we do send out offers from the 4901 short code. Our promotional SMS would typically direct you to sign into your MyRogers to accept the offer. Once you log into MyRogers via a desktop browser you should be able to view the offer on the main page. If you have more than one line, please check all of the lines for applicable promotions. Just as an FYI, please be vigilant about sharing personal and financial info or clicking on links sent from unknown senders :). - RogersZia

rkagerer
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersTony 

I received the text message below from Rogers on Wednesday, from the number 4901.

When I logged into my account I did not see the offer.

I called Rogers tonight (Monday) and the agent said they could not see this offer on my account.  They initially insisted the message did not really come from Rogers.  But it looks legit to me.  Eventually the agent changed their mind, did some more digging, and confirmed it was really from Rogers.  It took them a while but they said they were able to add the discount to my account.

But more importantly, I don't want to receive marketing messages from Rogers (not even offers like this).  I've instructed on several occasions for you not to send me marketing by any channel.  In the past it took several requests to finally get the phone calls and mailings to stop.  I'm concerned about it starting up again.  I don't understand why, but somehow you guys seem to keep flipping the marketing switch back "on" for my account.

What do I need to do to permanently opt out?

Appreciate your help.

Hi @rkagerer,

Yes we do send out offers through the 4901 short code. If you want to opt out of all marketing communication please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can help you with this.

RogersZia

Claudia_D
I've been around

I got the same message. Does anyone know how to turn these messages off to your phone? There is no where on the account page of rogers or contact to turn off marketing promos.

Hi @Claudia_D,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post!

The promotional marketing messages that we send out can be helpful in notifying you about any new deals and offers that we may currently have at the time. But if you are looking to get rid of these marketing promotions, then please follow the steps in @RogersZia post above to reach out to us and we can get you opted out of those notifications.

Thank you
RogersJermaine  

Can one sign in to their my Rogers with their mobile to accept the offer. I received the same thing and could not find it using my phone and don’t have a desktop.

Hello, @avinnai.

I appreciate you joining this discussion, and welcome to our Community! 😃

It's easier to avail of the offer through a desktop browser; however, you should be able to do it through your MyRogers app. Please remember the offer is line specific. Once signed in to the app, please switch to the line and scroll down to see the offer. You may have to check the Plan details tab. 

If you still need help, please message us at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation