I've been around

I believe this text message is a scam, can any one confirm

rocket454_0-1644768158753.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Text Scam?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Scam. Rogers automatically credit your account.

You can suspect anything with a link in it and never click a link.  Use your own methods, bookmarks, etc. of getting to the business.

You should forward this message to SPAM (7726).  You will get a reply from Rogers Spam saying something like "Thanks for reporting, we'll take it from here".  Forwarding to 7726 and the reply are no cost, even on PAYGo plans.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Scam. Rogers automatically credit your account.

You can suspect anything with a link in it and never click a link.  Use your own methods, bookmarks, etc. of getting to the business.

You should forward this message to SPAM (7726).  You will get a reply from Rogers Spam saying something like "Thanks for reporting, we'll take it from here".  Forwarding to 7726 and the reply are no cost, even on PAYGo plans.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

this screams scam 100%  refunds are always credited to your bill no user input should ever be required

mn12345
I've been around

Hi 

Just received text from rogers stating due to service issue rogers wants to provide gift of $125.00 please reply with Y to accept or N to decline. It is from area code 289 (toronto), i have been having service issues with rogers...there is no link - but seems too phishy - is it real ? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Any credits for service issues would be credited to your account and not handled via a text.

PS. Why would anyone decline $125?  I'm guessing that by replying they confirm you're a person who's texts are active and one who reads texts, subjecting you to more spam/scams.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation