Spam Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Spam Messages

Just got a text today saying: 

Rogers Wireless: "We overcharged your account on previous payment. A refund has been sent to you. Deposit:" followed by a link.

Funny thing is, I'm not even with Rogers anymore...I switched over to Freedom mobile in the summer. Don't even clink on the link. These scammers have got to make a better living than this. 

I'm Here A Lot

I tried to forward a spam SMS to 7726 and got this error: Messaging is sending g a large number of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this app to continue sending mssages"

Hello, @patdrummond.

I appreciate you trying to forward a smishing text to 7726; forwarding such texts to us is really helpful for investigation and blocking them from our network. 

When you hold on the text and select forward and enter 7726 in the To field the messaging app should only send one message. Depending on the phone, the default phone/message app can block and report the number without forwarding the text message. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats