Smishing message from "ROGERS"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Smishing message from "ROGERS"

Just recieved a text message this morning "supposedly from Rogers", which reads: Dear Rogers customer-We detected an unauthorized activity on your online account. To avoid suspension, use http://rogerss.cf to restore access. Note the rogerss.....The fake link takes you to a nice looking "ROGERS" log-on page, but the links on the page don't work! The only thing that works is the username and password fields. BEWARE......Nice try.......coming from 1-647-620-3748.

**Edited Lables**

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Smishing message from "ROGERS"

Hello @Barncat

Thanks so much for sharing this.

If anyone receives Smishing attempts like this please post the telephone number received from and the exact message and we will send for investigation ASAP.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

**UPDATED SOLUTION**

July 2017

Please refer to MESSAGE in the thread. 

I've Been Around

I got the exact same message, from the same number 1-647-620-3748 at 11:30am today. tip off was the link address of rogerss.cf so never clicked on the link, but will assume the original poster here was right on what it leads to.

I've Been Around

Just received a text from 12899805955 with the message;

"Dear Rogers customers, due to service interruptions, you get refunded. Please follow the link to claim your money: bonsecu.com"

I just thought that I would make others aware. It wasn't hard to figure out that it was a fake message.
I've Been Around

suspicious text msg received

I received a text msg yersterday from Rogers. The message reads as follows. 

Rogers finance has sent you an e-transfer due to a minor system glitch. Sorry for the inconvenience. Follow link to claim your transfer @ dorlyg.com

I found this suspicious so I took the time to google the Phone # it came from. 1-289-980-8310 and it comes up as an AFFILIATE of ROGERS along with several other #"s (100 or more)

I was still suspicious, so I called Rogers to see if they would have sent that. Sure enough, they did not. Because the msg comes in as a Rogers Msg, and the phone # shows Rogers Affiliate, it would be so easy for unsuspecting customers to actually click on this link and put in personal information. Please investigate and make your customers aware that this is not an actual text from Rogers.

Welcome to the Community @CSAULTRobot Happy!

Spam messages are definitely a constant pain point. Thank you for bringing it up in the Community. Users who receive any SPAM messages can now report them back to us by simply forwarding the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM). The messages will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole.  

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I don't know how to forward a text message to 7726 (SPAM)

I received a message from 1(647) 248 0934

Rogers Communications Partnership has sent you an Interac e-transfer due to
a billing error. Please make sure to accept the transfer below immediately:

With an attachment, titled etrogetrf0022.com

The phone number it was sent from shows in the reverse directory as a rogers cell phone number.
I'm New Here

From number 6472480934
"Balance Refund from Rogers Communications Partnership has been sent.
To deposit your funds click the link below: http://rfndtrfet.online/"

I'm New Here

I got this message today. Funny because I just switched from Rogers to Koodoo last month. I still have two lines with rogers though.

I've Been Around

I received the following message yesterday at 7:40pm

From Phone Number: 647-248-0934 

Balance Refund from Rogers Communications Partnership has been sent. To deposit your funds click the link below: 

I did not click on the link. Just wanted to share as an FYI.