Smishing message from "ROGERS"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Smishing message from "ROGERS"

I recieved this at 12:46am on wednesday april 18/2018 in which I will paste the exact text and link. I have not tried to click the link and I dont want to, but I have a big feeling its fake. Considering the fact that I just paid my phone bill online yesterday using my visa debit card and I did have suffcient funds. I also do not know why Rogers would try to return exactly what I owe them lol. I ask Rogers to take a look into this please.

*COPY & PASTE TEXT MESSAGE*

Dear Rogers Client, we have sent you a Refund from last payment [case:769]. Please claim your funds here: http://rrd.me/cW9uD

REF#1932

Hello @rcoso,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I'm glad you reached out here to verify, we absolutely do not send any refund messages via text. This is definitely a spam message. I would ask you to please report this spam message by forwarding the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM). The messages will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole. 

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I received a text message today at 11:00pm from (204) 396-3093 saying the following copied text below:
“In order to avoid the suspension of your ROGERS account please confirm your identity here: (Removed URL for safety reasons - RogersMoin)

I've Been Around

received a text last night at 11:06PM from 1(587)432-7683

Rogers: A repayment has been sent to you for your overcharged phone bill. follow http://online-repaid.com A repayment has been sent to you for your overcharged mobile phone number. Follow http://online-repaid.com

I am going to assume this is some kind of a scam.

Hello @Jade2910,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Smishing scams are quite the scourge these days, it's important to stay vigilant so you don't compromise yourself.

This is definitely not a legitimate text message from Rogers. Any type of correspondence from us would be sent either via Mail or Email depending on how your bill is sent and it would be from an official Rogers Mailing/Email address. As mentioned previously in this thread, please report this spam message by forwarding the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM) and then delete the message from your device. The messages will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole. 

Thank you for posting your concern in our Community.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Fraud messages

I just received 2 txt messages. After an error on your last billing, your mobile provider issued you a refund via e-Transfer: http://www.collec-t-fun-ds.ml. I googled it and i found it to be a scam and fraud. Ijust what to spread the word hope no one will fall for it

Good evening @JanVDB,

Thanks for your post! We appreciate you took the time to raise awareness.

What to do if you receive a spam text message?
•    Forward the spam message to the short code 7726 (SPAM) so that we can start an investigation. 

Reporting Spam to 7726 is free.

Don't respond directly to a phone number where you believe the spam text originated because responding alerts the spammer that your number is in use.

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Text message SCAMS

Is Rogers aware of these scams:
I got this text message:
"Rogers-refund
please confirm it to claims your funds: URL removed for security reasons - RogersMoin

Needless to say I am not clicking on anything!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@saxman : Your post was probably moved to this existing thread.  Yes Rogers is aware. Your best course of action is to forward the text per post 27 of this thread.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I got a text saying I received an e-gift from Rogers. Is this legit?