Smishing message from "ROGERS"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Smishing message from "ROGERS"

I received the same text on Tue July 25 @ 8:51 pm.  

Number: 647-248-0934

"Balance Refund from Rogers Communications Partnership has been sent. To deposit your funds click the link below: rfndtrfet.online"

I've Been Around

I received this tonight I am thinking it is a scam
Rogers: Your attachment to us as client is inestimable. For that, you deserve a refund of $75,46. Click here to collect it: rog-att.com

I've Been Around

Received a text supposedly from Rogers

Received this text this morning, is it legit?
It say "Rogers has overcharged your account collect your refund of $80.88." Then a link to interact etransfer.

Hello, @gailalao@alstick@Mommabear12 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. I appreciate you all reaching out to the Community to confirm, it's not from Rogers. You can now forward such text messages to 7726(SPAM). Doing so helps us to identify new types of spam messages and improve our filters for all users.

Thank you all for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Fraudualant TXT

I received a TXT message today telling me I had overpaid my phone bill, to receive my credit I was to click on an attached link. The call came from a Rogers Cell phone subscriber in Abbotsford BC, 1-604-615-2637. Obviously this is a scam so do not click on the link.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@DeborahDW wrote:
I don't know how to forward a text message to 7726 (SPAM)

The text bubble they refer to is the actual bubble with the text your want to forward. Give it a try for practice. Smiley Wink

iphone-how-to-forward-a-text-message

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I received the following text message on my phone this morning "(Rogers Communications) Has Fowarded You A Money Transfer Refund And Is Available: http://bit.do/Email-Transfer-Refund-Componant-Login-CAsd4f-F " from the following phone # 1-343-989-0632.

Thanks

Therese Beliveau

I'm a Senior Advisor

Certainly a scam. Not the URL is not Rogers but a website in Brazil. If you click one of the financial institutions "linked", they will steal your information and password.  Rogers does not send such messages.  It's a dead give-away when the message is illiterate, such as putting the $ sign after the amount. (Mods, the URL in the above message should be disabled.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Phone text scam

Got a text  from 'Rogers Communications' (343)989-0632 forwarding a money transfer Refund with a wireless receipt. Asking to deposit in the bank  account by logging in to you account from phone .

Looks like a scam as I am not expecting any refund from Rogers.

Navin

Good afternoon @navinuppal and welcome to the Community!

Good call on identifying the message as spam.  Thank you for bringing it up in the Community. Users who receive any SPAM messages can now report them back to us by simply forwarding the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM). The messages will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole.  

RogersZia