Scam text from number 4710, don't click link in it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Scam text from number 4710, don't click link in it

Received this text from number 4710 and it is a scam don't DON'T click the link inside the message. Message I got was:

Rogers info: Great news! We've turned on Extended Coverage, and as a Rogers customer, you can now stay connected in more places across P.E.I. & Atlantic Canada, at no extra charge. In addition to talk and text services, you can also enjoy email, maps, and more, just by making sure data roaming is turned on in your device settings. Visit http://roge.rs/coverage for full details.
Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Scam text from number 4710, don't click link in it

Good evening @lacreamer73 ,

Thank you for your post !

We are sorry to hear that you were under the impression that the text message we sent you was fraudulent.

We indeed launched the Extended Coverage on March 4th, 2015.

Extended Coverage allows our customers to stay connected in more places across Canada at no extra charge!

The link in the text message you received actually brings you to our new Network Coverage map page, where you can find more information on the areas where you can benefit from Extended Coverage.

I can definitely assure you that the link is secure.

Hope this Helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

You really should update your staff then. I called to question the text legitimacy and they said it was a scam and thanked me for reporting it. Wow

Hello @lacreamer73 ,

The misinformation you were given is taken extremely seriously and we are going to take the necessary steps to ensure that all our agents are aware that this specific kind of message is defintily from us and secure. 

Rogers is working on providing the best customer service.  I will take your feedback and forward it to the appropriate party. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Got scam message from 7000 saying that Rogers found some mistakes in billing and I have to log in to this page which is copy of your login screen: http://rogers-clients.com/login/

Not so easy to trick IT guy but others...

Hi @User605x,

Welcome to the Community!

Good call on identifying a scam message, however if you need us to check your account for any recent changes or alerts feel free to contact us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online. We'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

RogersZia