cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers survey turned out to be a scam

MIDHU
I've Been Around

Hi,

On 3rd Nov 2013 evening while I was logging into my account in Rogers.com I got a msg asking me whether I am interested in participating in a Rogers survey. I was informed that if I participate in the survey I will be eligible for a $50 gift. I agreed for the survey and participated in it. They asked few questions online. Like how often do you visit rogers.com, whether you use rogers at home or office etc.At the end of the survey I was told that I am eligible for a $50 gift and asked me to select one of the gifts from a link given.I went into that link.It was a third party site(bidou.ca) and there was 3 products displayed there.I selected one(ipod).Then it took me to another page where the price of the ipod was given as $0 and shipping charges was $3.I didnt want to give my credit card details to a strange site.So I hesitated in the beginning but since that offer I got when I was in Rogers site made me confident to give my credit card details.They just asked only for $3 and for that I will get an ipod worth $50.So I felt good.

During the transaction my bank(td bank) confirmed from me that its a authorized transaction.I gave permission to the bank to pay $3 for shipping.Every thing went fine till then.They deducted $3 from my account and told I will get my ipod in 2-3 weeks.But next day there was a $49.99 deduction from my account.At first I thought it the price of the ipod I purchased.But later when I checked my mail I understood that its a 1 month membership fee for their website.I never applied for any membership.With out my permission they added me as a member and deducted $49.99 from my account.They will deduct it every month if I dont cancel it.The phone number given in the website is UK number so I cannot call them.I send them mail asking them to cancel my membership and refund the money.But I got a auto generated reply that they will reply with in 24 hours.But nobody contacted me.I contacted my bank to stop anymore payments to that company but they are telling they cannot stop that and I have to change my credit card.I am so upset.I gave my credit card details only because I was asked from Rogers site.I never thought from rogers site such a scam will come.I contacted Rogers customer service but didnt get any proper response. According to the guy Rogers didnt do any that kind of survey so rogers is not responsible.I dont think so.If I got the link from some random web page then its my responsibility to make sure its from Rogers.But if its came from Rogers.com then its their reponsibility.I will never participate in any more rogers survey.If rogers didnt do that survey then how come a third party was able to pretend as Rogers when somebody log in to rogers.com. Either they hacked Rogers.com or some one helped them to  create a link in rogers.com. Any way I lost my money.I don't think I will get it back. I wish no one else will be cheated like me. Hope Rogers will do necessary action against the company who used Rogers name for trapping people.Or Rogers good will will be affecetd.Rogers is equally responsible because this fraud happened through their website.

***edited labels***

139 REPLIES 139

Re: Rogers survey turned out to be a scam

DBob
I've Been Here Awhile

Interestingly the legit Rogers feedback prompt comes up as I try to reply. Perhaps you might like to stop that thing Mr. Rogers, since as a 117 year old female of Martian decent who watches 40 hours of TV a day, I think you might get some wrong replies anyways. lol

Ok, IntouchWeekly or sites like them "10 celebrities you didn't know had foot fungus" type stories seems to be the latest culprit. You get these things from Fox News....   take that for what it is worth.

A saying from the TV series Hustle - You can't con an honest man. Perhaps those like the original poster should consider that.

Anything offered unsolicited should be ignored. If you don't click bad things, you likely won't have bad things happen. And never trust the mega Virus Checkers such as Norton Bloatware or McaFee SneakinDuringInstalls programs. 

Read. Think. Read it again. If you didn't ask for it don't click it, NEVER close it, if you can't shut the window then ctrl-alt-delete and shut the browser, if you're blocked from that then do the very bad Hail Mary and hold the power button down for 10 seconds and reboot. Hackers are better than any IT expert, unfortunately.

pete0015
I've Been Around

ROGERS SURVEY SCAM.

If you look at the email you will notice that the sender's address does not end with rogers.com.

If it doesn't end with rogers.com it's not from them.

BE CAREFUL OPENING EMAIL MESSAGES!

IanD77
I've Been Around

Just got a request to do a 30 seconds Rogers survey. Is it real?

Hello @ IanD77,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!Smiley Happy

Need little more info on that question; I’m assuming you received an email? Probably the survey is true, provided you have recently contacted Customer care or technical support departments.

The survey is not from Rogers if it’s asking you any personal information or asking you to upgrade your email etc.

Sometimes, when you visit Rogers.com website, you may see a pop-up from Forsee or ResponseTek to participate in the survey, that’s from us.

General rule if survey wants to fill in your account number or name etc. it’s not from Rogers. Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Regards,

RogersMoin

Hi @IanD77 

I just wanted to add my input...

We are aware that there is currently a scam where some of our customers may get a popup asking them to complete a survey about Rogers cable to receive a free iPad or something similar. This includes entering personal information.

Users will be referred to “softwarezdownloads.com”. They will be prompted to click a link to claim their prize, at which point they will be informed some information was not entered properly.

Depending on your security and antivirus settings, at the point you might be infected with the Za.zerioredirect2.com virus, which will continue to data mine your system.

We are doing everything we can to prevent this fraud to use our name and we try to make our customers and agents aware as much as we can. If you had an interaction with our customer care or technical support department, it is very possible that you receive a customer satisfaction survey, which will be sent to your email address in the 3-5 days following the conversation in question.

If you received a survey through a pop up where you are required to enter personal data, do not take action or install anything offered (applet etc). For further assistance, you should contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre to report scams and fraudulent activity.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

VITALLY
I Plan to Stick Around

it is a scam . do not participate ,period .........

The last time I had occasion to call Rogers about something, I received an email request to provide feedback a couple of days later. I've been a Rogrers customer since 1979 and have never seen this before, but it was legitimate.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

After tha last couple of calls for assistance I made to Rogers, I received a feedback request, which was a survey.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

About every other time i call in, i get a phone or email survey.

They are completely legit.

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Its all part of Rogers trying to create a better customer experience... 

However there has been some survey going around that have been a scam... 

I think a good rule of thumb is if it is asking for any personal information then to not go forward with it... 

If it is only looking for your opinion then chances are it's legit... 

I do know that if you call into rogers a survey might be  sent with questions based on  experience with the agent your spoke with and question regarding rogers (IE how likely are you to refer them) 

Again if in doubt then stick with your gut... intuition is a powerful tool Smiley Wink

Hap
I've Been Around

I have recieved a request and enticement to participate in a survey about useage of Rogers services from this web address. is this legitiimate?

http://isp.2015-survey.com/

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Considering that site no longer exists.. would assume thats a scam

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That link is bad for me. Frankly, unless I'm bored and want to kill time, I never participate in any surveys because they end seem to take up a lot more of my time than promised.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

A new window opened up in my browser for a survey from Rogers...  the message in the pop is...

"Dear Rogers Cable User,

Your computer (IP address ##.###.###.##) (i removed the numbers in the IP address) has been selected to participate in an anonymous survey about your experiences with Rogers Cable.

In consideration for your time, at the end of this short survey you will be presented with several exclusive reward offers (worth at least $70)."

Just checking to see if it is a scam or not.  

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Assume it is.

Chinch14
I've Been Around

Im still waiting for my product...Out 9 bucks from somewhere in China...Trying to call Rogers..do they have people on the phones anymore???

Paul12
I've Been Around

It's a scam.  Don't fall for it, I also get them, once in a while.  I was not even on the rogers site.  See Below.

Capture_rogers.JPG

Thank you for raising awareness @Paul12!

You are correct. Some of these entities use Rogers' logo to try and get people to provide personal information through this type of survey. We take this very seriously and want you to know that this unfortunately is out of our control.

Take care and have a great day Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

http ://rogers.com-reward-survey.xyz/ Re: Rogers survey turned out to be a scam

Just got a popup from a website claiming to be Rogers giving me a iphone 6s plus for a $1.99 from here---->http ://rogers.com-reward-survey.xyz/458h/index_15.php?city=London&country=CA&device=DESKTOP&isp=Rogers%20Cable%20Communications%20inc.&ip=99.255.252.96&os=Windows&osversion=Windows%207&browser=Pale%20Moon&voluumdata=vid..00000003-95ad-46f4-8000-000000000000__vpid..468f4800-8df4-11e5-8c30-815a845a169d__caid..e5671689-e510-4c8b-b7a0-026d2be47751__rt..R__lid..1ca55116-fa06-4b8c-add4-d1c0ae1beb9b__oid1..bef115df-3ba6-4bb2-b3da-ddc79d94df41__oid2..71b8feb7-7aa8-4765-9907-66040a2c0402__var1..460866__var2..{voluum-cid}__rd..zerem\.\finishclueobscure\.\info__aid..__sid..&zone=460866&voluum-cid={voluum-cid}&cost={cost}. I almost fell for it.

TomWest
I've Been Around

Just letting people know I got the same scam as of Feb 14, 2016 - not from a Roger's site.  I suspect they have a "survey" for every major ISP.  The fine print at the bottom of the survey does mention they are not affiliated with Roger's.  Perhaps that's how they stay out of jail.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

In the same way that banks tell us what you can expect from them and what is probably a scam, the same is true for CRA and many others

Is there someway to know when a request that comes up is truly Rogers - what should we look for.

Bruce

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?