Rogers survey turned out to be a scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers survey turned out to be a scam

Its all part of Rogers trying to create a better customer experience... 

However there has been some survey going around that have been a scam... 

I think a good rule of thumb is if it is asking for any personal information then to not go forward with it... 

If it is only looking for your opinion then chances are it's legit... 

I do know that if you call into rogers a survey might be  sent with questions based on  experience with the agent your spoke with and question regarding rogers (IE how likely are you to refer them) 

Again if in doubt then stick with your gut... intuition is a powerful tool Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have recieved a request and enticement to participate in a survey about useage of Rogers services from this web address. is this legitiimate?

http://isp.2015-survey.com/

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Considering that site no longer exists.. would assume thats a scam

I'm a Senior Advisor

That link is bad for me. Frankly, unless I'm bored and want to kill time, I never participate in any surveys because they end seem to take up a lot more of my time than promised.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

A new window opened up in my browser for a survey from Rogers...  the message in the pop is...

"Dear Rogers Cable User,

Your computer (IP address ##.###.###.##) (i removed the numbers in the IP address) has been selected to participate in an anonymous survey about your experiences with Rogers Cable.

In consideration for your time, at the end of this short survey you will be presented with several exclusive reward offers (worth at least $70)."

Just checking to see if it is a scam or not.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Assume it is.

I've Been Around

Im still waiting for my product...Out 9 bucks from somewhere in China...Trying to call Rogers..do they have people on the phones anymore???

I've Been Around

It's a scam.  Don't fall for it, I also get them, once in a while.  I was not even on the rogers site.  See Below.

Capture_rogers.JPG

Thank you for raising awareness @Paul12!

You are correct. Some of these entities use Rogers' logo to try and get people to provide personal information through this type of survey. We take this very seriously and want you to know that this unfortunately is out of our control.

Take care and have a great day Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

http ://rogers.com-reward-survey.xyz/ Re: Rogers survey turned out to be a scam

Just got a popup from a website claiming to be Rogers giving me a iphone 6s plus for a $1.99 from here---->http ://rogers.com-reward-survey.xyz/458h/index_15.php?city=London&country=CA&device=DESKTOP&isp=Rogers%20Cable%20Communications%20inc.&ip=99.255.252.96&os=Windows&osversion=Windows%207&browser=Pale%20Moon&voluumdata=vid..00000003-95ad-46f4-8000-000000000000__vpid..468f4800-8df4-11e5-8c30-815a845a169d__caid..e5671689-e510-4c8b-b7a0-026d2be47751__rt..R__lid..1ca55116-fa06-4b8c-add4-d1c0ae1beb9b__oid1..bef115df-3ba6-4bb2-b3da-ddc79d94df41__oid2..71b8feb7-7aa8-4765-9907-66040a2c0402__var1..460866__var2..{voluum-cid}__rd..zerem\.\finishclueobscure\.\info__aid..__sid..&zone=460866&voluum-cid={voluum-cid}&cost={cost}. I almost fell for it.