Rogers Text about Upgrade - Spam or Real?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahmercedes
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Text about Upgrade - Spam or Real?

Hello; has anyone received a message like this one below? Is this spam or really from Rogers? It's oddly specific to be spam because it has my name and the blacked out portion is the address of the closest Rogers store to where I live. But I'm concerned because the link doesn't even say "Rogers". I've deleted the message, but I wanted to ask just in case. 

Thank you!

0D145B87-CFEA-4A1A-911E-E1FC769286B7_1_201_a.jpeg

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersLaura

Re: Rogers Text about Upgrade - Spam or Real?

Hello @sarahmercedes!

Thank you for your first post and we really appreciate you helping spread the awareness of a possible scam! 👍

As far as we can tell, that does NOT appear to be a legitimate text message from Rogers. A few giveaways would be that it is coming from an actual phone number as opposed to a short code. Also, the link provided looks quite questionable. 

Please note, Rogers wouldn't typically reach out to customers to proactively ask them to upgrade their device. If we do send out any communications with an offer or promo, we would simply ask you to call in or visit our main webpage to take advantage of the options presented.

Please ensure that you do not click on any suspicious links or provide any personal details. For info on how to report any spam text messages, please click here

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersLaura

Hello @sarahmercedes!

Thank you for your first post and we really appreciate you helping spread the awareness of a possible scam! 👍

As far as we can tell, that does NOT appear to be a legitimate text message from Rogers. A few giveaways would be that it is coming from an actual phone number as opposed to a short code. Also, the link provided looks quite questionable. 

Please note, Rogers wouldn't typically reach out to customers to proactively ask them to upgrade their device. If we do send out any communications with an offer or promo, we would simply ask you to call in or visit our main webpage to take advantage of the options presented.

Please ensure that you do not click on any suspicious links or provide any personal details. For info on how to report any spam text messages, please click here

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

sarahmercedes
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much for your help!