Rogers PayGo card scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers PayGo card scam

My friends mom recently bought 3x $100 paygo cards under the impression that they were gift cards she could give to kids for cases/phones at the store... Obviously that is not the case and none of them have paygo phones so now she has a $300 piece of garbage. She has tried the store and customer service to get a refund with no success.

What is Rogers going to do to rectify this situation considering they were sold under the pretence (or miscommunication) that they were gift cards usable for anything from Rogers and now they're non-refundable pieces or worthless receipt paper? She has a postpaid account that the balance can be transferred to. Please respond asap. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers PayGo card scam

I'm not really sure she can get a refund on those, as usually the PAYGO cards are non-refundable.

Who exactly gave her the impression they could be used for anything other then putting money on a prepaid account?

I've Been Here Awhile

I used to work for a dealer and if one was printed before it was paid for and then not paid for they would take it off our pay since they were non-refundable.. This happened to me once so I paid for it debit to balance the cash drawer and was successful having the value added to my wireless postpaid account. However, now they are telling her there is nothing they can do.

She's paid Rogers $300 it is ridiculous that due to a policy (a ridiculous one, at that) that they would not be able to credit that money on any account - they already have her $300. It's thievery otherwise considering the gift card miscommunication.
I've Been Here Awhile

I'd have to talk to her again to see who gave the impression - not sure if it was a dealer or perhaps just because they are sold right next to all the other store gift cards on the shelf.

Good day @tsdexter,

Thank you for your post.

We're truly sorry you are feeling this way about the situation. Unfortunately, there is very little that could be done on our end since the vouchers were most likely bought at a Rogers Store and we cannot reach out to you directly since this is not pertaining to your account.

It would be best to go back to the retail location where they were originally purchased. Your friend's mom can potentially ask to speak to the store manager, in order to see if an exception could be made.

RogersMaude

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

I second what @RogersMaude said - Since Vouchers were bought at store due to miscommunication, speaking to the store manager would be my next move - as an exception most likely needs to be made at the store level.

It IS possible (not probable) that the store manager as an alternative can credit the Postpaid account instead of refunding.
However, it is also very unlikely that the postpaid account will be part of the equation or conversation when talking to the Store manager.

Your friend's mom will need to talk to the Store Manager at this point; If I may be so bold to ask, maybe go with her and your friend as a morale support? Along with your keen knowledge as a dealer (which might come in handy).

But totally up to the store manager on how to handle this.
Since it didn't apply to any account yet, these vouchers are up in the air.
(As far as I know, PayGO balance can't be transferred to Postpaid... so don't use the vouchers on PayGO account with an assumption for it to be transferred.)

Hope this works out @tsdexter ... tell us the results, as $300 is huge! 😮