New Rogers Scam call or not?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Rogers Scam call or not?

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Thanks for posting a link to Marketing Permissions. That used to be on our Profile page, but Rogers removed it. However, I don't understand why one would need to enter one's name, postal code and email address when one is already signed in.

It really does not matter whether Rogers removed it or not. It never worked anyway. We always had our permissions set to not receive telemarketing calls, but no matter, we received them anyways. The only solution we ever found that worked was to add them to our "call block" list assuming of course you have Rogers Home Phone and that is one of your added features!

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's fine if you have a call block feature on your home phone or cellphone. It should not be something you have to buy. But the hard core telemarketers use random and spoofed called I.Ds anyway. I'm sure Rogers would implement available call screening technology if customers receiving calls on cellphones wasn't a solid revenue source.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR

I agree with you! The reason why the marketing permissions does not work is because Rogers wants their 3rd party marketers to be able to contact you - whether on a cell phone or home phone!

Note: I went on-line just now to check on the marketing permissions feature and got the following message: Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience! Wonderful!

JohhnyRockets wrote:

Note: I went on-line just now to check on the marketing permissions feature and got the following message: Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience! Wonderful!

Now  @JohhnyRockets ... you keep doing that !   Just what is it YOU are  doing to keep compromising that  excellent , constantly improving service that Rogers is providing you.   Smiley Surprised

I Plan to Stick Around

I just received a call from these people and declined their offer to "go over my bill".

The problem that I've had is that every time someone makes a change to my bill, they screw something up.  Literally.  So I am hesitant to have them do anything even if it is legit.

I have never, in recent memory, (or my life probably) dealt with an organization where the bill gets screwed up each and every time they touch it.  Names get transcribed incorrectly even when it is a text chat.

It should get fixed.

I've Been Around

They just called me.  They said they wanted to make sure I got the most out of my plan and when I asked "what plan, with who", they said "your cell phone", I then asked "what company are you calling from" and they said it was Rogers.  I then asked if I could call back just to make sure it was legit and they HUNG UP ON ME. If you ask me, if you are legit and actually representing a company, then you wouldn't do that.  Scammers look for what they want and if they don't get it they move on, with no care about service or who they represent.  I have blocked them.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I got this call tonight from unknown name, unknown number was one I have not run into before.

The call started with an introduction that they were calling from Rogers about a bundled package (didn't get the full details or price because I couldn't understand through his accent, or the background noise of an obviously large call centre).  I had him repeat it, and I couldn't understand him.

He then said, you are a Bell customer aren't you?  I said, I choose not to say, but I will listen to the offer.

He immediately hung up.

This one seems like a potential fishing telemarketing call, as why would he use the fishing question, you are with Bell aren't you?  That could then lead to a comparison and information on your existing package at Bell if you were one of their customers, and possible gathering of further identifying information, such as services, attempt to get you to change service and asking for financial information to proceed - would possibly be like the cruise line scams where they first identify you by selection criteria, then send you to a "rep" to verify information and set up your plan.

Just a possibility of where this could go based upon previous experience with the many scam and fishing calls of other companies which appear honest at first blush.

They could always flip the call to this is Bell, you are with Rogers aren't you?

Has anyone else experienced this call?  Just to raise my concern about this particular call.

Why do I answer unknown, unknown, some would ask - I have frequent interactions with professionals where their numbers and information are not disclosed for confidentiality reasons, so unfortunately, I have to pick them up.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Weird. I got the same call on the weekend too. The guy identified he was from Rogers Cable and he also asked if I have any service from bell and when I was trying to answer him he flat out hung up on me which was kinda rude and very unprofessional.

I've Been Around

Rogers 'Promotions Department' Scam

Beware!

416-429-2387 called me.  Said he'd save me a bunch of money switching my to Rogers Home Phone.  The funny this is he called me on my ROGERS HOME PHONE! LOL.

I phoned a friend of mine who works for Rogers and she said definantely not Rogers.

Anyway, I called him a scammer and told him where to go, he hung up.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-416-429-2387

Phone #: 416-429-2387

I've Been Around

I receive a call from this number every single day but when I pick up, no one answers and then the call ends.

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats