New Phishing Scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

New Phishing Scam

I just received two identical emails which read as follows:

Dear Customer,

We recently wrote to inform you that your last payment was declined. This is your second notice. We were unable to process your payment for your Rogers Service.

You must update your billing information immediately in order to avoid any interruption to your services.

You can update your billing information online simply by clicking the link below: 
--> URL Edited

Here you can update contact information, view your billing statements, update / change your payment method and change your price plan anytime.         Date: August 19, 2013

--> URL Edited

--> URL Edited

If someone isn't paying attention and click on the link, the site it takes you to looks pretty much identical to the Rogers site except the ULR is incorrect.

I hope you are able to look into this and shut these guys down.

Thanks

***edited labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: New Phishing Scam

It's just normal internet scam stuff. I get them all the time, although haven't seen one supposedly from Rogers yet. Most of these scams steal your user name and password if you're dumb enough to log in. Also, lots of them infect your PC with spyware, malware, and that kind of thing. It pays to be very careful, especially when receiving one like you posted. As you said, they can be very authentic looking. Unfortunately, it's easy to copy and paste company logos off the internet and create stuff like this.

I've Been Around

I received a mail from CreditControl@nl.rogers.com with a zip file attachment 

The mail referred to invoices for new credit item that were new to me

I did not open the attachment!!

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @HNEZZ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!

I would like to thank you for reporting this to us. I am glad to hear you did not open the attachment. 

When you get a chance, please take a screenshot of the email, along with the title, and send it to abuse@rogers.com.  Label the title of the email "Suspicious Email Received".  Our security team will investigate and take over from there.

RogersRoland

I've Been Around

This is mine!

Dear client,

We'd like to remind you about your debt - CAD 78.30 is due for payment on 20 October 2016.

To check your bill, just download and open bill document from MyRogers Bill Page. 

In case you won't pay debt on time, your mobile service can be suspended and extra fees may apply.

If you have any further queries, check out our helpful FAQ section, chat to us on our online forum, or feel free to contact Rogers Customer Care via our online form at any time.

Kind regards,
Rogers Support Team

To unsubscribe , please click here.
The content of this e-mail may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the named addressee or the intended recipient please do not copy it or forward it to anyone. If you have received this email in error please destroy it and kindly notify the sender and postmaster@rogers.com. Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, it is your responsibility to ensure that the message (including attachments) is safe and authorised for use in your environment.
Think about the environment before printing this e-mail.

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -

Version: 2016.0.7859 / Virus Database: 4664/13255 - Release Date: 10/22/16

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@batejd can you delete the links from that post please.  Replace them with the text contents only, so that the link does not exist.  I'd rather not see active links to a Russian hackers site left on the forum.  

Something like this would suffice:   MyRogers Bill Page (link has been deleted)

Here's the whois for the webrogers.site that all of those links point to:

https://whois.domaintools.com/webrogers.site