Is the download Roger app just a scam?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is the download Roger app just a scam?

I got an offer for a free lunch if I downloaded the Rogers App . You confirmation email does not work. Was it all just a scam to download the APP. I'LL ALREADY SWITCHED MY TV and internet usiness to Bell. Why should i keep my Phone business with you when you don;t kepp any promises.

Annoyed but relly don't expect much from Rogers. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Is the download Roger app just a scam?

Hi @mcinzar,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you've decided to take your business elsewhere. Currently we do have a promotion where targeted customers who don't have the MyRogers app on their device or who haven't logged in for over 6 months are being sent emails encouraging them to download the app and log in to receive a free lunch on us.

If you didn't receive a voucher or are having issues completing the process please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can resolve the issue for you.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

Moved:

I've Been Around

I downloaded the MyRogers app and was emailed a voucher for a free lunch at Harvey's, but when I went to the Harvey's they only offered to reduce the price from 7.99 to 6.79 for the combo. The voucher explicitly said that it was good for a "free original combo" (or some other options), so I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue. I'm not sure if the "free" part of the voucher is just misleading, or if the Harvey's staff at that location didn't know what to do with the voucher (they seemed aware of the rogers offer, but didn't even look at my voucher code at the store). The location was 222 Hunt Club Rd in Ottawa.

I've Been Around

I'm across the country but I can confirm that my coupon was not accepted and I had to pay full price for my meal. Deleting the app after that fiasco. The meal, however, was pretty good.

Hello @DanS2 &  @dougs1,

Thank you so much for reaching out, we always appreciate your feedback.

I can definitely assure you that this is an ongoing promotion, at this time.

To receive the free lunch voucher, you must:

1. Download the MyRogers app (if you didn’t already have it) and sign in.
  2. Click the Get a Free Lunch on Us banner within the landing page of the app.
  3. Fill out the required information in the next page and click Submit.
  4. Select one of the following lunch options: East Side Mario’s, Harvey’s or Swiss Chalet.
  5. An email will be sent to verify your email address. Click Verify.

A confirmation email with the lunch voucher will be sent to the email address provided.

To redeem, you’ll need to bring the voucher to the restaurant (either to print off the voucher from the email OR show it right from your phone).

Did you see the banner upon logging in to the app?

Let us know if you have any further questions Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

I received the email, downloaded the app, but there is no option in the app for the Get a Free Lunch On Us.

Please don't tell me I have to call.

I've Been Around

Hey I also did not get the banner message with the free meal deal. I tried to PM that @ but I couldn't figure out how to
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Loredana123& @Whatever1234:

Have you tried the instructions per post 2 of this thread?

I've Been Around

I saw it first when it downloaded, and then i closed the options page as my phone restarted. Now when i log on, i dont see it, and i have this silly app on my phone, no free lunch, contacted online support, they gave me a run around. what a waste of time. and still no free lunch. Frustrated here. How do i use this offer?
Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats