Increase in SPAM calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersCorey

Re: Increase in SPAM calls

Greetings @204rt!

Welcome to our Community!

I also think this would be a good idea. I do not receive any calls from overseas, so I wouldn't lose anything if I could just block them.

Please also keep in mind that blocking international calls isn't a silver bullet. There are ways to mask the location of your call to get around such blocks.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Yyzguy2
I've Been Here Awhile

My Spam calls had almost stopped for the last 2 - 3 months, prior to that I was considering getting a new phone number as there were so many that I could never leave the ringer on, blocked hundreds of numbers, etc.  Then it went away...but there back... As of a couple of weeks ago starting to receive more and more spam calls everyday.  Very frustrating.  It's a real pain when I need the ringer on for important calls and spam, spam, spam...

Yyzguy2
I've Been Here Awhile

When will the telcos do something serious about his problem.  They have the technology they just don't want to implement.  Trust me if someone wants to get a hold of me they will so I would rather you implement solutions even if it meant 1% of 'good' calls may not get through.  I'm reading some of the responses to government requests of the telcos and they are a joke, things like "we will educate our customers to identify these calls and advise not to answer"  Wow brilliant solution/comment.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There would have been a solution in place this fall had it not been for COVID-19. The schedule is now for next summer.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/CRTC-steps-up-efforts-to-comba...