Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenwin
I've Been Around

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

I got this one please advise

Dear User,

Your incoming mails were placed on pending status due to the recent upgrade to our Terms, In order to receive the messages Validate Now to login and wait for response from Administrator.

Thank You.

Rogers Mail support.

The Rogers account team

Copyright © 2020

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ignore it. never in my history of being a customer has rogers suspended someones email access

Avid-
I Plan to Stick Around

We all may find some useful info on the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security web site, particularly   on the "Get Cyber Safe" page at:   https://www.getcybersafe.gc.ca/index-en.aspx

Stay safe, on and off-line.

🙂

mikenro
I've Been Around

I got this one today, the bad english and the email address - I never did initiate to Shut down.

8/9/2020 5:34 PM

Imcoming Hold

Rogers Secure Mail.

Dear User, 

You Recently Initiated an Action to Shut down your Rogers ? If No, Kindly Cancel Request below 

Thanks for choosing Rogers

Regards, 

Rogers Mail Team        

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what a bunch of scam, they are even using an old yahoo logo that has since changed. screams with scam all over it

sbasu
I've Been Around

I received the following email that looks very suspect. I wonder why Rogers does not block these emails right at source. The email was sent by a fake "@rogers.com" address.  I am sure many users will get confused and fall for the trap. 

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

UPGRADE AND CONFIRM

To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,
The Rogers Mail Secure Team.
dlindop
I've Been Around

Received the same email. Thanks. It took me a little while to confirm that this is a scam.

vobratov
I've Been Around

Received this today from rxxxxxey@rogers.com (edited for privacy)

On Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 01:48:14 p.m. EDT, Rogers <rxxxxxey@rogers.com> (edited for privacy) wrote:

Dear User,

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 25th of Aug 2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Please click here  (possible malicious link removed) to re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

just a FYI any email coming from @rogers.com is just a personal email of another Rogers Yahoo high speed internet customer.

A proper and authentic email from the Rogers Organization or employees will actually come from @rci.rogers.com. but mind you, those can be spoofed too, but its something to look out for to help you filter out the spam

Best of luck

Charbonnza
I've Been Around

Recently received a couple of emails stating my Rogers email account requires updating.
“Dear User,
Your incoming messages were placed on hold due to our recent upgrade. UPDATE your mail-box to receive new messages that are pending and upgraded to the latest version.
Warning: failure will cause permanent Shutdown if you do not Update!
Service Mail Support”
I have confirmed this is scam. I have reported it to Rogers.