Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Why can't Rogers have a section to alert their clients to SCAMS?  Everyone, especially the elderly are  not Tech savvy.  We received this one today.

Sent: 2 juillet 2020 12:26
Subject: Thursday

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 2nd of July  2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Please To re-validate your mailbox. (Removed potentially malicious link - RogersTony)

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

Copyright © 2020 Rogers! Inc. All rights reserved.

sandyxavier
I've Been Here Awhile

is this a scam?

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would consider that to be a scam, unless you had taken some action on a web site that you use which would end up with an email confirmation.  You would or should know that an email would be inbound to confirm your email entry or email change.  

If you hover your mouse over the link in the message, you should see an email address displayed near the mouse or perhaps on the bottom of the monitor.  That should allow you to see the address in order to confirm its legitimacy, or not.  You can also right click .... copy on the link and then paste it into something like notepad to have a closer look at it.  Scam addresses can look very close to the real site address, so you have to be very careful when you do this.  You don't want to paste that into a web browser address bar and end up on the site, which could load malware onto your pc/laptop.  

When in doubt, close the message and delete it.  Any reputable company that you might deal with should have password recovery procedures that you can use to regain entry into your account, should that need arise.  

sandyxavier
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks, thought it strange it only gave us 24 hours with no heads up of anykind 😞

cheers

sandyxavier
I've Been Here Awhile

with what we pay for the Rogers service its a crying shame they do not have a SCAM alert section for sure 😞

Weissenboeck
I've Been Here Awhile

I have received this email twice in the past two days. It was sent from the address: d2disco@rogers.com

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required to Upgrade through the link below.

UPGRADE
To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Your online bill is ready.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.

Sincerely,
The Rogers Mail Secure Team
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

To me that looks like a scam email. In any case I would be cautious about signing in directly from an email link.
KUSC
I've Been Around

Rec'd the following spam today

Signal actual shows up a Nova Medical Centers

ROGERS PASSWORD

Dear ********
Your password is due to expire today Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Please Kindly use the below to continue with the same password

We�re improving email notifications. Learn more or let us know what you think.
Do not reply.

Transforming the occupational healthcare industry
through exceptional service, outcomes, and inNOVAtion

Notice Regarding Privacy and Confidentiality:

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system.

Nova Medical Centers reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications sent and/or received by its employees.

Thank you
RogersJo

Hello @KUSC

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and kudos on your very first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound.

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention. This would be concerning to me as well. It's imperative to be aware of email scams! Just a friendly reminder to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. If you can, please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers, and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received" we can investigate this further. 

Regards,

RogersJo

caager
I've Been Around

I received this email - and although it looks pretty legit - I suspect its a phishing scam email! 

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

*UPGRADE* 
To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,
The Rogers Mail Secure Team