Chinese (mandarin) scam calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Chinese (mandarin) scam calls

I keep getting those  pre-recorded calls in Mandarin calling my home phone and cell phone. One time, they even called my cell phone twice. If i don't pick up, it will go to my voicemail. I also can't block them because every time it is different.

how do i stop these calls?

I'm located in the GTA.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Chinese (mandarin) scam calls

Hey @imeem,

I know the pain ☹️, these guys aren't even above leaving voicemails and filling up the mailbox 😕. I get at least 4-5 calls on my cellphone alone everyday. I do make it a point to block the number however such calls can be difficult to trace especially when spoofing Apps are involved. 

I would just recommend you to be extra diligent about protecting your information like a phone number especially on the Internet.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Most cases it is not the number that is published on the Internet but they use stupid dialing bots to find phone numbers.

Either Rogers has to implement a way to block spoofed calls or the entire VOIP needs a revamp on properly authenticating origin callers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm getting these calls everyday and one day I got about 10. Dive me crazy.

Hi @Karen521,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post. 😀

I know it can be very frustrating to receive these types of calls and it's hard to block them when they continuously change their phone numbers. I get these same types of calls and have resorted to ignoring and blocking phone numbers that are not in my contacts list or that I don't recognize.

For now, I would recommend adding your telephone number to the National Do Not Call List to see if this helps weed out these unwanted calls.

The National Do Not Call List lets you reduce the number of unsolicited telemarketing calls you get from companies with whom you have no existing business relationship. After registration, telemarketers have 14 days to update their information. You could still receive communications within that time.

Another option is to request a telephone number change. This option isn't as popular with some customers (myself included) who have had the same phone number for a number of years and would prefer to keep it the same. If keeping your telephone number isn't a concern for you, then this may be a plausible solution.

RogersLaura