Blocking Unwanted Callers - Telemarketer's/Scams

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Blocking Unwanted Callers - Telemarketer's/Scams

iOS 7 for the iphones, now has that feature as well, to have its own built in blocker.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Element

The problem is even when putting it on block, sometimes it will go into voicemail. In that option, is there a setting you are able to change it?.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why did this post get moved out the Windows Phone sub-forum?  This is a Windows Phone feature.  It is not a general Rogers feature. 

I

I'm Here A Lot

Currently Rogers has created a new system that would do what you are requesting. It is a free service called Rogers One Number, It would allow you to block incoming calls from certain numbers as well as alot of other features. I would recommend checking into this service if you are looking for a call blocking service.

https://www.rogersonenumber.ca/welcome/?locale=en_CA

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Caithloki

While that is true, please do keep in mind that Rogers One number has a lot of issues going on lately and it won't sometimes work on some plans and phones and cause issues. Please look at their section to see all this. Other then that it's a good product to use.
I'm Here A Lot

I have read into Rogers one number.  Most of the issues are with registration as long as the browser being used is up to date along with Java and other applicable software.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Caithloki

You may be a Rogers Live Chat agent but you may not know all the problems with it. Please do remember that most reps have no way of knowing about problems as they don't research or be told. Howard's forums, Rogers community forums for Rogers One has plenty of people complaining and have issues. Now i am not say it's a garbage app but it does have its problem even if u have up to date software and java.
I'm Here A Lot

with most phones .. even including some land lines , you can add a line to automatically be sent to voicemail , which for most scams just causes them to hangup.

On a cell phone/smart phone , just make a contact called ignored numbers.. add the annoying numbers and click the send to voicemail button , which will make the call come through for about 1 second before going to voice mail.. no ringer will happen.

On some land line phones you can do the same thing..  more difficult , but some do have the feature , would have to look at your manual to see how to do it.

As for paying 5 bucks a month for this feature..  bah.

Best bet is if you see a number you do not know which is either long distance or unknown/private , do not pick up.

Most scams and autocallers work by attempting a call to all numbers.. if the number does not pickup on the first attempt it is removed from the list.. if you do pickup , your number stays on the list , which can stay on list for anywhere from a month to 1000 millions years.

If you get the calls often , say twice a day , before 8am , or after 9pm , or if its a scam attempting to collect information such as your name , address, social security number.  Call the cops , not 911 but the non emergancy number.   They will direct you to a toll free number that deals with phone scams , you can give info to them , they do stop these things ,  might take them a while but they do.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello odanhammer

While the police will do that. They will need all your info, access to your phone records ( To make sure its numbers that called you & see if those are spamming callers or not). This takes 1-2 months. I have dealt with it for my family & still Duck Cleaning still calls even tho i have called the Toronto Police ( non emergency number) twice & filed a report. Cases got closed & they still call. They told me to contact the CRTC & BBB to be dealt with as they are not threatening me or my family basically
I've Been Around

Good luck trying to find Call Manager on this website.  Good luck on trying to set it up.  I understand you must have a microsoft/windows mail account.  If not, no go.  Also, it doesn't work if your 'puter is Windows 8 or higher.................

The 2 months of total frustration I went through with Rogers on this problem just isn't worth the money I'm saving for my wireless home phone.   How can they offer something their technology can't even support.  I didn't even get a refund for the service I couldn't use.  I'm so done.