BEWARE: Rogers' Data Scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: BEWARE: Rogers' Data Scam

Dealing with same issue now as well.
Notified on sunday that i used 90% of my 15gb plan. Thought to myself that's odd but not impossible as I have 4 people on the plan.
Added 1gb to carry me from sunday until Wednesday.
Was notified tuesday morningsl that I had used 100% of my data. (The 15gb + the 1 gb topup). Checked my account and i was 111mb OVER!

Got rogers to shut off my data to all phones.
This morning my plan reset so i turned my data back on to my phone only. Checked the usage on the android data usage app a few minutes later. The android app showed less than 3mb used while the rogers app showed 18mb used. Now I understand that there may be some discrepancy in reported usage but is it possible that the android system app is that far off? 3x discrepancy basically makes the android system app useless.
Then only answer rogers can give is "I ve learned not to trust the system app"
You can view the screen shots and conversation here. https://twitter.com/WpgSafeCracker/status/822091873019830273?s=09

Hi @Webpirate,

Welcome to the Community!

Now that it's been a few days since your billing cycle started, do you still see a usage difference between your phone and My Rogers app? I would recommend you to follow the usage as per the My Rogers app as there can be a difference in how the data is monitored between the two. 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

RogersZia

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have data on my phone, so am just an observer, but there seems to be a strong statement that we need to believe that Roger's data montitoring and systems are a highly accurate.  They may be, but as a user, possibly what I see here is a confusion by users that various means of monitoring data don't differ.

Certainly, since you will get billed by the Rogers measurement, so it makes sense to use it as your primary monitoring system, but as a user, I think people also want to understand the difference betwee n the measurements, and that if people want to control at a user level what their apps are doing, they need the granular level they can get on their phones to guide them on how to put their control settings for data on their phones and by app.

I think that is what people are looking for, and saying take use the data usage from the Rogers usage makes sense, as that is what you are billed on, but it provides no guides to the users on how to understand what their phones are doing.  It is kind of dumping the problem totally on us.  Is there support available from Rogers to guide users on how to use their phones and understand their data settings and usage and the individual app level.

Just presenting this, because otherwise, this is becoming circular - people are saying they don't understand the difference, and they are being told that Rogers measurements are very accurate, and they are still left confused and feeling like they don't have control, because monitoring does not guide how to best set up one's phone.

Anyone know sites that will guide users by phone type on how to best monitor complete usage, as it would appear that the phone tools are not matching Rogers, and I think that is what people are looking for.  They pay good money for phones that are supposed to provide them user level control of the apps use of data (WIFI versus network), and they are just trying to understand.

Bruce

Moved:

I've Been Here Awhile

Pre twitter complaint my usage on the rogers app was 3x what my android system app reported.

Post twitter complaint my usage on the android system app shows only 2mb less than the rogers app. Very odd i would say..
https://twitter.com/WpgSafeCracker/status/823379995334733825?s=09
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, odd, and from what I have seen, you are asked to take Rogers monitoring as completely infallable (nothing is infallable and the people saying these are not experts with indepth knowledge on how the monitoring works (my opinion - they may know a lot).  You are left hunting on your own trying to figure out the discrepency and I can understand your confusion totally.  But Rogers used to take some responsibility for supporting the products they sold in terms of user knowledge and understanding by their customers - now we have to find it ourselves and try to understand the differences between Rogers monitoring and your attempt to do so on your phone.

Wish I had some suggestions for you, just empathizing.

Bruce

Moved:

I've Been Here Awhile

My name is nicholas ok billing cycle is up...i got a fresh 4g .....i turned all the data off again becuse the billing cycle turned it on again ..so i turned them all off data on all phones and wifi off to it shows 4g at the top and iam sending this message becuse data is on and should be so my rogers app isnt working right

Hi @nicholas1974,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting in the Community forums. 

Just to clarify, you currently have the data off on all your devices yet you see usage on the MyRogers app? Or is the app not working when connected to Wifi?

I would need a little bit more info. to assist you further Smiley Happy.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Absolutely a scam, we have had rogers wireless internet for approx. 3 years never had any problem. Never exceeded 20 Gb, all of a sudden I use that in one day. I have called and just get the run around, I have everything with them, going to cancel everything. Enough is enough this has happened two months in a row, and before that, for three years, I never used more then 20gb and now I'm using 3 times that a month. 

Stay at away from Rogers

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats