BEWARE: Rogers' Data Scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: BEWARE: Rogers' Data Scam

Over the years I have been told to keep upgrading my plan all the way up to 20 gigs.  yes thats right 20 gigs!!!

even at 20 gigs I was still getting texts from rogers that I was going way over my data which to me makes absolutely no sense because I don't use a lot of data...  I have no social media accounts, I don't email more than maybe 5-6 times a month(never with pics or attachments) , I don't surf videos, I occasionally use google to get product info for my work.

and I send a few (10-20) texts /day.   

So I switched all the way down to a 2 gig plan and lo and behold on the same day as I received the notification when I was on the 20 gig plan I received another text saying I was going over my data limit.... I hadn't changed my usage (which is very little being a 40yo old fart)

I also learned that they arbitrarily added a top up plan which adds 3 gigs without my permission, which of course I would invariably go over again.....

getting sick of the scam ROGERS!

Phoned in multiple times to complain only to receive the same line about, me using too much data.

In august I received $250 in data overages overnite while I was out of cell service on a lake in BC.   Hmmmmmm

As much as I hate Telus, I am sure that Im not going to get bogus bills of over $1100 for data I don't use.

I've Been Here Awhile

UPDATE : I later deduced that it was voice over LTE that was using the data and not data leakage. Volte is not supposed to consume data, but it definitely did.
I've Been Around

Was this a billing issue?

I've Been Around

I believe u 100%! This has been an issue for me and my husband since we have family share data. We are always calling rogers to fix the over charges. We were in a 4gb upgrade to 6gb. But since we upgraded we are being charged for over data when we are just using phone the same routine as before. This is the reason why I am here on this community forums to check if there are same customers experiencing the same. Guess what... we’re not alone..
Topic Stats