cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 French Open Men’s Singles Final Sunday June 11

RogersJermaine

Hey Community!

As a sports fan and a tennis enthusiast, I will be looking forward to the French Open final between Casper Ruud and Novak Djokovic. I am hoping for an exciting matchup that will hopefully bring the best out of both players on the clay court.

Casper Ruud has been on a roll this year, steadily making his way up the rankings with his consistent performances.

On the other side, we have Novak Djokovic, one of the most dominant players in the world. The 22-time Grand Slam champion, who has already won the French Open twice, looks to win his third here at Roland Garros.

If Novak succeeds in winning, we will be witnessing history, as this will place him solely at the top of major wins with a total of 23, surpassing rival Nadal.

To get there, though, a key factor in winning the match will be the mental fortitude of both players. Ruud will have to overcome the pressure of playing in his first major final, while Djokovic must deal with the weight of expectations as a heavy favourite to win the match. Whoever manages to stay calm in the big moments and executes their game plan will likely emerge victorious.

Let us know if you'll be watching and who you’re cheering for below.

RogersJermaine

tennis.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 2023 French Open Men’s Singles Final Sunday June 11

RogersZia

I don't ever root for him but I can't help admire his game. 23 was inevitable, and I don't see him stopping any time soon. 

Re: 2023 French Open Men’s Singles Final Sunday June 11

I grew up watching Pistol Pete and Agassi duke it out. Some of the greatest tennis matches happened between them, imo.

But what an impressive run Djokovic has been on since coming on the scene! With reports that next year may be the last year for Nadal competitively, Novak should continue to build on his historic number of major wins without anyone in his way.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 in conversation