Smart Home Camera Brightness

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Smart Home Camera Brightness

Is there a way to change the brightness or contrast on the camera? I find that during the day the faces are dark and sometimes unrecognizable but in the night vision its much more clear . There is nothing on the camera settings on the touchpad and I have tried with the installer codes to no avail. Any help you be appreciated 

Sal

*Edited Labels*

Re: Smart Home Camera Brightness

Hello @sal21,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! =)

I can appreciate how important it is to have a clear image on your camera, at all times. The hope is that nothing bad ever happens but if it does video evidence can be crucial for you and investigators.

While I wish we had the option to adjust the brightness or contrast on the camera feed it is fixed. Depending on the camera it should be an HD feed so if the camera images are not coming in clearly we may need to think about repositioning it so you get a better angle with a clearer image during the daytime.

If you do decide to have the camera repositioned send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can arrange to have a technician visit your home and explore different options with you.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please click here.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Smart Home Camera Brightness

I wonder if its a lighting thing, etc?

I have two in my house, the one in the front hall has great picture and is very bright.. but there is a big window in the front door.. and the front hall gets a lot of light.
So i know the camera works well if there is enough natural light.

Not always possible in each persons house/setup though Smiley Sad