Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Called tech support my cameras have motion 1080 p and are indoor /outdoor,they are in theory to be supported in later updates 24 hour recording is available on new HD camera 169.00. I am not buying 64 gig memory cards never mind new cameras.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

What camera do you have?

Let's start with that first. And I believe it's "up to" 64 GB memory cards (which are so cheap these days anyway), You can use anything less too... infact as Far as I have heard about it... I didn't hear anything about what actual memory can be used. I think the Touchpad can just handle up to 64GB so most technicians are advising the highest capable memory a client can use.

Personally I have a lot of android phones and GoPros so I have a lot of micoSD - Nature of interest I guess.

but what @Gdkitty said earlier in the post..., it is technology. Not everything is compatible with everything. (iPhone example was good to relate as well).

Or you can relate it to the Windows 10 Upgrade. Even though Microsoft pushed it out to every Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users. Not everyone could get it based on their hardware. Even though it was Free!

But I get you, cost is a crucial point to make as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am good not spending more,will wait cameras are less then 2 years old, was one if first supposedly to get camera in Ottawa. Absolutely not buying new ones, have 3 thanks for comments
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RedBerry11

Yeah i see your point Smiley Happy.
Rogers Employee

@RedBerry11 I missed your comment about the Lock - It's on sale eh? Didn't know that.
Thanks Smiley Happy

And @Meowmix did you try the extender they provide? It works so beautifully after! Smiley Very Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure which camera I have but they are indoor /outdoor 1080p crystal clear, inferred with motion detector,what ever happened to that upgrade?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RedBerry11

The 1080p clear inferred model won't be released until later on. As i said on page one I was speaking to someone at Rogers which has all the information about it.. They said it's in testing right now and most have gotten the green light for it. They don't have a release date yet but Rogers will announce it.
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix

Why U bring hopes up? lol

So this infrared one is new?

I thought iCam2 was the infrared w/ motion sensor and that was the new one. (Which I just got recently)

There is a newer one that that?

Man! Technology never stops upgrading. ahhh.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

The manager told me a newer camera is coming out with more tech. Also the current camera is NOT 1080p. It's 720p. Which is not full HD. So the next camera will have 1080p from what i have heard.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was going by the security tablet one time I was asked by a tech while he was setting up extra cameras. I thought I saw 1080p. but it may of said high resolution, not sure.720 is fine.It is very clear.
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats