cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around

How can an upgrad really be an upgrade to the security system when the addition of 24 hour recording requires customers to purchase new cameras to accomadate this feature? At 170 a piece I have 3 that in less then to years need to be updated. ROGERED !

**Edited Labels**

96 REPLIES 96

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Sorry - I have purchased a 64gb class 10 sd card but my shm touchpad won't read it. I've formatted via my mac (exFat & msdos fat) and nothing. Any idea what the issue could be?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tiago131

Did you buy the SD Card from Rogers or from somewhere else?. Also did you purchase a SD card that has a removable micro SD card?

Bought the card (not micro) from staples. Kingston SD 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tiago131

Hmm weird. I had that exact same one and worked just fine. Then got a Sony one.

Have you called into Rogers Smart Home Monitoring tech support to see what they say?

I did and was told to reformat and try again. Which I did and still no go. Will call them again. Wondering if it related to the mac??

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tiago131

Hmm it might be?. The best thing to do so call again and have th en escalate it to a level 2 tech and see if they can figure it out?

Will do.  Thanks. 

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around

Password for Rogers Home Monitoring?

Is the same as My Rogers so with Anyplace TV being now incredible and the other places you may sign in for whatever reason. This really does leave your Home Monitoring vulnerable to being hacked and or turned off. I would like this to be immediately changed because it is not and has never been a good idea.
Could this suggestion not be taken lightly and implementation would provide a secure password. All you have to have happen is say your child enters your password to watch Anyplace TV if it is witnessed by anyone that has clandestine plans your security system could be turned off from any cell or your cameras could be viewed and you would never know. The system at the least should let you know how many people are logged into it or have a limit that can not be exceeded.

Hello @RedBerry11,

I completely understand where you are coming from here in regards to your security system and ensuring you are fully protected at all times. I know how important it is to feel safe with your security system.

At the moment the login is based on a Single Sign-On (SSO) system so currently the logins will have to remain the same but with the recent upgrades to the Anyplace TV App, you definitely do raise a good point! I would like to reassure you that disarming your system requires more than just the login info as you have to enter the PIN code for the system to arm or disarm as well as deactivating any of your sensors. 

I would recommend changing your passwords on a frequent basis and use a password that is complicated for additional security. The Anyplace TV App provides the option to "Keep me signed in" so if you are worried about nefarious parties getting your login info that way it would be a good idea to enable that setting.

I will pass along your suggestion for a unique identifier for the Smart Home Monitoring system and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

RogersTony

zaidmashni
I've been around

Im trying to pair my 2nd LG lightbulb 

But the monitoring device is only recognizing the front door one, i tried the steps given but its not working. 

Is there any way how to do it ??? 

I had issues with one of my bulbs a while back.
Was paired for the longest time..  then wasnt.
Followed the instructions but couldnt get it working.

Had to get someone out to try and fix it. 
(think they replaced.. as he couldnt get it done either)

Sg5
I've been around
I have this same issue what to do tobfix

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call in, and get them to send a tech out.

bohhammer
I plan to stick around

In settings as master go to home devices, delete the light bulb, then then go to add lights,then next, ready for pairing, get ready to turn the light off and on ten times...if its a click turn switch its best if you keep the switch on and power off/on ten times using the power cord in the outlet...the light will reactivate for pairing and should show up on the touchscreen, press next, name, turn dimmer on and next again.....check your subscriber portal, access web control and see if you can control the light from there, if it works from there , your good to go, if it doesn't then you need a new bulb..and you can have one sent to your home..no need for a tech for any home automation devices, all are very easy to remove and add..from the touchpad or phone app

I am using a class10 64gb SD card the technician had and kindly gave me to use. It seemed to record OK. Recently checked recording (play recorded file on TouchPad) and it says "video not available". Ejected card and tried in laptap...needed to be formatted to use. Formatted and put back in touchpad. Error...says "need to insert class10 SDCard .....". Does not see card. I don't want to shell out $60 for a new SDcard if the problem is with card reader in touchpad....???

Hello @FlopPack,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thanks so much for your post. I know how important it is to be able to view and save your video recordings for your system. We definitely want to look into this for you and hopefully, avoid having to purchase a new card.

Please try the following steps to get the Touchpad to recognized:

1. Please remove the card.
2. Wait 30 secs after home screen restores.
3. Confirm cameras images loading on the touchscreen.
4. Re-insert card.
5. Tap on <View Recorded Video> button.
6. The screen should then ask if you wish to "Delete ALL record video" = Answer tap on YES.
7. Start TVR recording on the desired camera by tapping the REC button on upper left of the image.

Let us know if this works for you!

RogersTony

aycee
I plan to stick around
Hi everyone! Just had our system installed today and seems to be working well. My concern is that the techs installed my cameras outdoors including the power block... they plugged a surge protector into our covered outdoor electrical outlet but that surge protector is rated for indoor use only. All of the power cables etc for the cameras are all sitting on my balcony exposed to the elements. Being in BC, I don’t think that’s gonna work for very long. In reading the installation manual I think this was not the way it was intended and I don’t know who to approach about this.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This may fall into one of those grey areas.

Are rogers supposed to install the cameras and where you want them? Yes.
BUT
They are not supposed to do any major work otherwise.. they do not fish cables though walls, etc..
So it can be limited to WHERE the cameras are and where they need to be plugged in.

Now, they have to be plugged in. 
They plug in to the back of the camera via a CAT5 cable, that then goes into the AC adapter which has a cat5 connector on it.  So it potentially doesnt have to be plugged right near where the closest outlet is.
If you say have a garage near by, you could run a longer cat5 cable through a soffit or something across to the garage and then into an outlet there.

Hello @aycee,

I can completely understand how important it is to ensure the cameras for your newly installed security system are set up properly so you don't run into any issues in the future.

It is very strange that the technician would opt to use an indoor surge protector outdoors, this is definitely not ideal as it is unlikely to fare well once exposed to the harsh Canadian winter. The cameras and the connectors, on the other hand, are definitely rated for outdoors. Was the surge protector provided by the technician or was it one that you had at home already? Was it installed this way because you have multiple cameras and only one outdoor power socket?

We look forward to your response so we can determine what the best course of action going forward will be.

RogersTony

naaanan
I've been here awhile

Smart Home Monitoring > Change Default Alarm State Order

Smart Home Monitoring > Can we get a feature to change the order how arm states are appearing similar to zone order. 1 ARM STAY

2 ARM AWAY

3ARM NIGHT
This would be a useful feature for commonly selected arm states on the shm panel and mobile app

Hello @naaanan,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum! 😃

I can understand how convenient it would be to be able to re-arrange the order of the different armed states. We love to hear this type of suggestion and feedback from our customers. We will definitely pass this along to the Product teams for Smart Home Monitoring to review.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with this great suggestion.

RogersTony

Topic Stats