cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around

How can an upgrad really be an upgrade to the security system when the addition of 24 hour recording requires customers to purchase new cameras to accomadate this feature? At 170 a piece I have 3 that in less then to years need to be updated. ROGERED !

**Edited Labels**

96 REPLIES 96

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring

Yeah, sometimes them just KNOWING its there is enough to keep people away 🙂

I do arm ours, bug we have to do Arm Stay, even when leaving the house now... we got cats after we got the alarm, and they set off the motion sensor 😛

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

I always use Arm Night before i go to bed & use Arm Away when i am out but turn off the motion sensor as i have a cat which likes to open doors & cause the motion sensor to go off at times lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gdkitty

Same with us. I have a 21 week old kitten which runs around & tries to open the doors so we always have the motion turned off lol.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
I get texts if only door opens or closes, if you have door lock. It will automatically engage and disengage alarm when you leave or come home.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RedBerry11

I have it set to record when someone opens the door & send me a text message when someone opens & closes the door. Also have set the light to turn on when the door opens but because my whole house uses Philips Hue lights we have the Philips Hue Tap switch right beside to the door too turn on the rest of the lights.

cakmxk26
I've been around

my home monitoring pad is disconnected from wifi - how do I fix this?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cakmxk26

Have you called the smart home monitoring staff to see if they can reboot it?. Have you reboot the touch pad your self?.

In those cases, its also a good idea to reboot the NETGEAR router as well (if you have that setup for it)

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
Yes,there,is,also a updated router, I just received one after what will be 2 years of connectivity problems. I am satisfied was router whole time. The new router looks like the new router. Seems to not be dropping camera connections like old one.

RedBerry11
I plan to stick around
New 5 g 2 g router lol

wwefaasdf4
I'm here a lot

Hi Guys,

I recently switched to Rogers from ADT, evetrythign working well, except i really miss a feature i had with ADT and that is Quick Arm. 

With ADT, on the keypad, I did NOT need to enter the password before ARMING the system, it was #Stay, or #Away and done. 

Anyway to do this on Rogers? I really dont see the logic in entering the code to ARM the system!

Cheers,

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wwefaasdf4

Unfortunately there is no other way. This is a security feature in order to arm the house it needs a pin or password to do so. I find it better then without one to be honest. I know it takes a second to do the pin but it's for ur own security.

Thank you for the reply, its not a big deal, but can you please let me know what is the logic behind "this is for my own security" how is my security in any danger if someone "ARMS" the system?

Thank you,

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wwefaasdf4

From what i can tell, no one can get into your system when they are in the ur home or trying to hack it without the pass code. It seems to be a security feature they added for extra precaution n my own opinion I rather have a pass code when arming or disarming the alarm instead of nothing at all.

Even my store has a pass code in order to disarm the alarm or any doors and such. We use Alarm Force

Again it depend on each person but maybe Rogers with All state think it's a better idea. I like it.

I think the only semi quick way to arm/disarm one press is via the keyfob?

(even the 2nd button pannel had the # keypad and i think is required)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gdkitty

While that is true, its also a $49.99 charge ontop. So if u need to buy two or more, its going to be costly.

I rather have the Pin number and do it that way.

Very true.  
Was just saying, if the user wanted to have that convieneince, they COULD.  But yeah, would be a cost involved.

I find I am rarely having to arm/disarm mine now, since i set up the RULES with the smartlock 😄
Certian times of the day.. when we LOCK the door, it auto arms the system.
Any time we unlock the door.. it un arms the system, etc.

VERY handy.. and much easier with my son.  Can unlock the door from the phone while getting out of the car, and he can go and open the door and not have to worry about the alarm, etc.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gdkitty

That is great to hear! I only have the camera and sensors from Rogers but maybe one day I'll get the door lock system. All depends!.

I am having the same issue. Was this resolved?

There has been a couple of topics about smart home in this thread.

What exact issue are you getting?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tiago131

As Gdkitty indicated, there are alot of topics regarding the Smart Home Monitoring.

Which issue do you have? :).
Topic Stats