Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Howdy;

We're considering switching to RHM for monitoring. We are currently using Brinks Broadview ADT security, which requires a home phone line. Since we both have cell phones, it's 35 bucks wasted each month. If we could use Rogers, we could cancel the home phone and ADT, who I've never really liked anyways. Smiley Sad

What I was wondering was, will the system use the old contact sensors, or do we have to fork out for all new ones? With three doors and 11 windows, it could get pricey really fast if we did.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This part i am not positive on, you would have to call rogers and check.  (since i didnt have anything).

But my understanding on it, is that they will either use the existing sort of central connection thing (where all the sensors lead to).. and then they have another device which connects to it, and then talks to the rogers system.

There may be limiations as to WHAT specific things can/cant be connected.. (may work with device A, but not B)

Really all in all, its best to give them a call.

They may have different promtions on at different times as well.  When i signed up (when it was pretty new mind you), you got $X of free equipment, etc.  They may have something similar now as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers installed a security camera for us last month. Today the camera can no longer connect to the system. Everything else works fine. I have checked the plug to the camera and the wireless connection. The only thing I haven't done is climb a ladder to look at the camera itself. Before I do so is there anything else I should check?
Patrice
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i dont have a camera yet.. so not 100% sure on how it works..

I am guessing it connects to the same netgear wireless that the pannel connects to..

Your pannel is working fine?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes everything else works fine. Even the motion sensor on the camera works but the camera does not take pictures and there is an error message regarding the camera on my panel m
Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmmm. that is odd.

I would give tech support a call.. they may be able to do a reset or something.

Worse case you would need to get a tech out to check things. Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok. Thank you!
I'm Here A Lot

My Rogers Home Monitoring system’s Touchpad recently went through a system update. When finished, my Weather App was nowhere to be found! I tried the Add Apps option in the Setup panel, but it was not there either. Is there somewhere I can download new Apps (or ‘old’ ones like my Weather App?) to my Touchpad??? Why would it disappear???

Thanks in advance.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @RETRIMBLE

Thank you for your post!

Rogers Smart Home Monitoring has recently had a software update to provide stability, improved design and features.

The previous “Weather/AccuWeather” app has been replaced with “TheWeatherChannel” app on your touchpad.

Take a look through your apps on your touchpad and let us know if you are able to locate it.

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Prasana,

It’s there NOW, but it wasn’t there earlier when I was trying to find it.

Anyway, thanks for the speedy reply and help!

Much appreciated!

Now, if you can just explain WHY Rogers chose to start using plain dull grey icons for Settings and two other Apps...??? Looks terrible! Reminds me of Apple’s gawd awful iOS icons now! We have a beautiful bright colour screen, and instead of making the icons even MORE colourful, they flatten them out and ruin them! How drab!

Sorry about the venting...

Ralph

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM