Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Hello @DavidPigott

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

I am a huge fan of voice-activated devices so it was really exciting when we first launched the Google Assistant functionality for Smart Home Monitoring.

While I wish we had an update for you regarding the Amazon Echo, we have not been advised if or when the Amazon Echo will be supported. Once we have an update we will ensure the Community is kept in the loop.

I am hopeful we will see support soon and thank you for posting your question in our Community!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know which door/window sensors are best?  Battery life?  The tech installed multiple types in my home and don't know why.

Hello @afdfdddddssssss,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum! =)

Getting a Smarthome security system can be a really exciting time! I am certain you will have a lot of questions and luckily, you've reached the right place to start a discussion!

In regards to which sensors are better, it really depends on your personal preference. For instance, I prefer the slimmer Door/Window sensors because they are less noticeable when mounted. The only downside is since it's slimmer it uses a smaller battery which results in more frequent battery changes. The batteries are not expensive and its easier to change so it's not a problem for me. The bulkier Door/Window sensors have a larger CR2 battery which under the right circumstances could give you several years of use which numerous customers have advised.

All of the Door/Window sensors cost the same so the technician would have used whatever equipment was available to him based on stock levels at the Warehouse.

If there are any other Smart Home Monitoring users in the Community, feel free to chime in with your own experiences regarding the Door/Window sensors.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Thx.  Trying to turn up the volume of the Rogers supplied keypad.  Beeps are super soft when counting down on alarm delay.  Does anyone know how?

I'm Here A Lot

@RogersTony 

Hi All, 

I am going nuts here trying to figure out something ! 

I have a rule (Event Based) when my Alarm is set to Away, my thermostat goes to 18 degrees, (works)

I have another rule (Event Based) when my alarm is disarmed, my thermostat goes to 20 degrees, (works)

This is so when I am not home, I am not wasting gas! 

Now comes the problem! 

I want to add another rule when I am SLEEPING (from midnight to 6am) to set the Thermostat to 19. 

So I set a rule (specific time) set thermostat to 19 and another one at 6am to set it back to 20. 

The issue is, I can NOT define to do this ONLY if the alarm is ARMED STAY or DISARMED, the only choices is ARMED or Disarmed or Any Mode. The problem is , when I am Armed AWAY (so not home) my thermostat goes to 19 (it should stay at 18) and at 6 am, (when still not home) it jumps to 20! 

Anyone has any idea how to do this? 

Appreciate the help.

Hello @afdfdddddssssss & @wwefaasdf4,

@afdfdddddssssss, I know how important it is to have the Entry/Exit delay beeps be loud enough to hear throughout your home. Can you first confirm if you are referring to the Touchscreen that was supplied or is this a Keypad that was installed near an Entry point for Arming/Disarming?

If you are referring to the Touchscreen, depending on the model there should be a Volume button on the right side of the unit. If you have the White coloured Touchscreen there is no physical Volume button. To increase the volume open a media app (Tune-In Radio, etc.) then adjust the volume using the button on the side. The volume of the Numeric Keypads are fixed, if it is unusually quiet there could be an issue with the Keypad.

@wwefaasdf4, the automation features of the system are probably my favourite aspect so I definitely want to help get this working correctly for you. You really can save a significant amount on your Utility bills by setting up Rules for your Thermostat. Regrettably, the automation rules are unable to differentiate between the different Armed states. What I would recommend in this situation would be to disable the Rule via the App if you know you will not be home. I know this is not the ideal solution for you as it requires you to have to log in to the App and make the changes yourself. I will ensure to pass along your suggestion as it would be great to differentiate between Armed states as each are inherently different.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

SHM - Second Touchscreen Option

Hello,

Would it be possible for customers to have an option to order a second touchscreen for the Smart Home Monitoring system? This would help with viewing cameras in real-time at a different location at home since there is latency when viewing cameras on the mobile app. Having a second touchscreen as an option would also be beneficial if one touchscreen fails ensuring that the system is still online and can be controlled.

I've Been Here Awhile

They do offer a remote keypad but that’s only for code entry at a another door. The Touchpad is actually the main CPU of the entire system so unless the second unit could be programmed as a “Slave” it won’t work. I don’t have any direct knowledge of the touchpad hardware or software therefore only Rogers can answer if it can be “Slaved” but I have serious doubts it can 

Hello @naaanan,

Being able to have a secondary touchscreen installed to view your cameras and as a backup would be super convenient!

While this is a great idea, each setup can only support one touchscreen at a time. We do not have a way to have the two Touchscreens communicate with each other so it would be like having two systems independent of each other. The method that @Spanky described is currently not possible. 

There should only really be a few seconds of latency when viewing the camera via the mobile App. How much of a delay are you noticing? A delay that is longer than a few seconds could indicate a poor Wi-Fi signal to the camera.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

I dont get why you need a "dedicated" touch pad, you can use any tablet , old android tablet and run the Smart Monitoring app on it to view the cameras? I have this going and works very well!