Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Looks like the rogers mail is sending out via an IPv6 address now?

Probably to help filter, etc.. gmail may be looking at external lists of proper mail server addresses.. which this one isnt matching.

Where did you get the headers from?
Was it in the spam?  You should be able to then whitelist it.  Even just whitelisting the email address may help it get through anyways.

I've Been Here Awhile

The message was classified as spam, yes.  I got the headers via the "Show Original" menu option.  It did not give me the option to whitelist the address, which probably makes sense given that the reason for classification was that Google thought the sender address was being forged (in which case it being whitelist is a false sense of security).  I was able to pin the message which cleared the spam status.  I triggered another alarm this morning and the mail was delivered to my inbox this time, however the message still has the same warning in the headers.  So I think pinning the first message probably instructed Google to trust future similar messages, not sure based on what though.

I've Been Around

DSC LCD keypad

Hello,

I am trying to adjust the volume of the keypad beeps. Previous to switching to Rogers I could press * 6 then enter the master code to enter the menu, then by scrolling through using <> buttons I could choose and adjust the keypad volume. However, since switching to Rogers the *6 master code now arms the system to the "stay" option.

How can I access the keypad volume control?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @strattonbl

Have you tried to contact Rogers Smart Home Monitoring tech support line and see if they can guide you through the settings?. Thar would be your best bet.

I know i can access it going via the settings option.
I'm Here A Lot

I am wondering if you can have the following rule and how:

1. Light comes on from sunset to sunrise at 40% (No issue with this rule)

2. When front door is open, light should go to 100% for 5 minutes and then go back to 40% between sunset to sunrise ( I am not sure how to make this rule)

3. When front camera picks up motion, light should go to 100% for 5 minutes and then back to 40% between sunset to sunrise ( I am not sure how to make this rule)

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The whole sunrise/sunset thing.. not sure that there is a specific setting.. but you can put an active timeframe that it will only trip.  So might have to tweek that timeframe over a period of time. (as it changes over the year)

But otherwise, should be MOSTLY doable.  Slight differences with door vs motion, but practically the same.

Untitled.jpg

- Event

- When your specific device

- Has the specific action happen

Untitled2.jpg

- Turn on light

- Select your light

- Duration - Turn off after X many minutes

- How often, this is where you would select the days of the week, and the TIMES that this would activate on.  It would only trigger if in those timeframes.

Now the only things with this, is that it wouldnt go back to the 40%... it would go OFF.

I've Been Around

I have Rogers Smart Home Monitoring with 3 door sensors. I wanted to add a sensor for one more door. Can I just buy any new sensor, install by myself. Will Rogers Monitoring System be able to recognize it? Or do I need to get it only from Rogers?

Hello @surajjaldu,

I know how exciting it is to get more devices for your Home security or Automation system, the day/night HD camera and the Smart LED bulbs are my personal favourites.

The Rogers Smart Home Monitoring system will only recognize sensors purchased from Rogers. We cannot guarantee that any sensors bought from a third party will work with the system.

You can find a list of all the compatible hardware available for the system by clicking on this LINK.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony 

I'm Here A Lot

I was able to tweak the rule like this;

1. Turn light on sunset to sunrise at 40%

2. When front camera becomes motion, light turn on to 100%

3. When front camera becomes still, light turn on to 40% (within 5 minutes, this happens)

This way all my rules are working the way I want.

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Controlling Rogers Smart Light Bulbs

Hi. Does anyone know of an app that I can use to control my rogers smart lights (and ideally the appliance switch)?  I had Rogers Smart Home Monitoring but discontinued it.  I have a number of Rogers lights though, and one appliance switch, that I would still like to control remotely if possible.  I have not been able to identify any apps that let me do that though.  From what I've seen online Rogers uses a Zigbee connection rather than wifi but I still have not been able to find any Zigbee apps to control the lights.

Ideally I want a simple free app that doesn't require registering for an account or or online service that will autodetect the lights and just let me turn them on and off.  Something more sophisticated would be fine, but is not essential.  

Thanks,