Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Home Monitoring - Q & A Thread

Not sure.. it used to be 100% locked down for the pairing.. but it may be more open now.. as some of the devices allow you to do self install.

As for getting them though.. not 100% sure.
The same brand ones, may be sold elsewhere for other systems.. and be able to be bought?
But you need to make sure they are the right ones, communicate via the same method.
(as there are many out there).

I have bought all mine from rogers directly.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks!  How did you get it from Rogers,  I did not see any available for sale on the web pages.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/smart-home-monitoring-solutions-new?ipn=1#tab2

That shows all the hardware.

There are two different sensors there you can get which will work on the system.
May not be the exact same ones you currently have.

I'm Here A Lot

thanks for the info.

Can I do the paring myself for all bought products?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Again.. not sure.
You would really have to call in and ask.

I think SOME can, but not necessarily all??

The original ones.. as well as the NEW ones i added on later, I had installed by rogers as I was having a bunch done.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks but no one was able to give me a proper technical explanation as to why I couldn't just connect it to my existing router instead of polluting my home with more wifi interference. Simple solution was to cancel and go to another alarm provider. This information should really be explained by the sales team because had I known this I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did above.. 
Well other than you unplugging it.. or the internet being out itself..  As long as that router is connected/online.. its guaranteed to be connected.  Since we cant change it.
They cant if its on your own.

My mother is with another provider... and i had to replace her router.  
Took them almost a week to get get someone out to re-connect it to her new wireless.

Yes, you do have a valid concern, that there is more wifi & potential interfearance.. but really, with proper segregation of the channels, there shouldnt be very much interfearance at all.

Actually after your original post, i moved my rogers one to up by my ASUS router.  About 2 feet away?
Same setup.. wireless properly segregated, etc.
Have 3 wireless devices within 5 feet, smart TV, etc.
Have noticed no degredation in service, speed tests seem to be the same as before.

But its your call in the end. 

Make sure to do all the research on the other providers systems as well.  A few of their 'internet' connected consoles are just HORRID compared to the Rogers one.   I think my moms is a honeywell.  Brand new, its touch screen is awful (have to press hard and specific) and not user friendly at all.

I've Been Around

Hello, is it possible to pair Bluetooth speakers to home monitoring keypad? Thank you

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @President

Unfortunately that is not a possibility. The tablet is only used for Smart Home Monitoring purposes ( it shows weather and images just like other Smart Home Monitoring keypads /tablets).

I've Been Here Awhile

Home Monitoring alert classified as spam by Gmail

Tried to find a better place for a bug report but failed.  I had an alarm go off the other day and Gmail classified the alert as spam so I never saw it.  Not the kind of thing you want in your monitoring solution Smiley Wink.

Issue was, this wasn't an algorithmic decision, so I can't even whitelist the sender.  The problem was that Rogers wasn't obeying Google's standards for sender behavior.  I've included some (hopefully) sanitized email headers that should help you diagnose the issue (dunno if it's been fixed already since Sunday)

ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning alarms@smarthome.rogers.com does not designate 2607:f798:108::8 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=alarms@smarthome.rogers.com
Return-Path: <alarms@smarthome.rogers.com>
Received: from to5email01.mta.rogers.com (to5email01-v6.mta.rogers.com. [2607:f798:108::8])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q10si9340228itq.128.2017.06.25.10.50.21
for <m***l@gmail.com>;
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:50:21 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning alarms@smarthome.rogers.com does not designate 2607:f798:108::8 as permitted sender) client-ip=2607:f798:108::8;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning alarms@smarthome.rogers.com does not designate 2607:f798:108::8 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=alarms@smarthome.rogers.com
Received: from rshm-cpe06-mtnk.rmgt.net.rogers.com (unknown [209.148.139.172]) by to5email01.mta.rogers.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 60C52306BBA3 for <M***L@GMAIL.COM>; Sun, 25 Jun 2017 13:50:21 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:50:21 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
To: M***L@gmail.com
Message-ID: <2003465512.372979.1498413021391.JavaMail.weblogic@rshm-cpe06-mtnk.rmgt.net.rogers.com>
Subject: Home Monitoring Alarm!
01:50 PM 06/25/2017