Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Roger's no longer including NHL game Center

I don't know about Ignite customers, I just know that for Share Everything customers, it's no longer part of the plan.
I've Been Here Awhile

Pretty disappointing. I signed up the family plan because of all the nice bonuses, which they've now stripped away. When I extended the sales rep even used NHL GCL as an appeal to sticking around. Whatever the case or reasoning, I'll have to move elsewhere. There's cheaper places, the only thing that made Rogers worthwhile was their excelled incentives. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Just checked it myself and it's been removed! Shame on you Rogers!

Class action?

I Plan to Stick Around

rogers plans.png

Same kind of thing with my corporate plan renewal! Right at the bottom!

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh I’m so done after getting that text. Taking away both the nhl and Spotify has made me livid. They don’t understand that anyone who uses Rogers is most likely using the nhl game centre. Taking it away is going to cause a huge PR nightmare
I've Been Here Awhile

Going Monday to switch providers. Also will be looking elsewhere for internet and tv. The only reason I stayed with rogers was because of the NHL GC. Been a loyal customer since 2004 and this is the thanks I get. Found a new phone plan with more 2 more gigs for $25 cheaper a month. Bye rogers. You've lost another customer.

I've Been Around

Same here! I will follow this thread and if Rogers stays quiet I'll ve switching providers. I had coverage issues and I stayed with them just because of Nhl game center! Screw them. Loyal customer since 15 years..
I've Been Around

I've been with rogers for 13-14 years now. When nhl gamecenter was included with my plan a few years ago, I was happy. Now you guys removed it? Reason why I hadn't gone with any other providers was nhl gamecenter. We Canadians love our hockey! #bringitback

@rrbush81 wrote:

SUCH FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!

GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF IT SAYS AND I QUOTE

(2. Includes subscription only, available with Rogers Ignite 30 and Select TV or above bundle)

CHECK THE LINK FOR YOURSELF AND GO DOWN THE PAGE TO THE TERMS AND LOOK AT NUMBER 2 THIS IS ILLEGAL FALSE ADVERTISING 
https://nhllive.rogers.com/en/

READ PART 3 POINT 11 
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/02c30/v28

Screenshot_5.png

Hello @rrbush81,

Welcome to the Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 

We definitely understand how popular Rogers NHL LIVE has become with many of our hockey-loving customers, so we get your disappointment.  While we no longer offer Rogers NHL LIVE with our wireless plans, it is still included with certain internet packages for the 2018-19 regular season and playoffs (for a limited time only). 

Our previous wireless offer included one free season of Rogers NHL LIVE for customers who were on a Share Everything plan. If you’re interested in signing up for the paid service, you can view pricing and sign up directly on nhllive.rogers.com. From time to time, we may also offer special promotions for services like this. If you previously received this offer during the NHL 2017-18 season, you are eligible for 25% off. We began sending these codes as of September 14, 2018 to those customers who are eligible.

I hope this information is helpful!  😊

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

Unfortunately Tony, the services Rogers offers are not enough to keep me as a customer. The competetive advantage you had over other plans for me was NHL gamecenter live being included with the share everything plan. Why stay with Rogers now? I can get the same services elsewhere and pay less. You are losing me as a client. I know you personally can care less, as one client leaving really won’t put a dent anywhere, but at least you will know why.