cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL.com performance issues

SlingBlade
I've been here awhile

With the NHL app on my phone through my home wireless I am able to play the games without any performance issues. When I use the same wireless on my laptop using the website the games take a long time to load, and only plays at the lowest quality. The game also stops to buffer every couple of minutes. When advertisements come on they play in full 1080p without skipping a beat. I also have the same performance issue with my main PC that is hard wired in. 

It seems like NHL.com is throttling Rogers customers on their website or they just don't have the necessary servers to keep up with load. It makes no sense that the advertisements play in full 1080p without any issues but when it goes back to the hockey game it chugs along at the lowest quality picture. I had the same performance issues with live games and also previous games. It also isn't my internet connection because my phone and laptop share the exact same wireless connection and the phone runs it flawlessly. Speed tests run around 35mb/s download when it says HD only requires 5mb/s.

*** Edited Labels ***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: NHL.com performance issues

Hello @Guymandude,

Thank you for providing the details, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look into this for you. If you're not familiar with our private message system please take a look at this page.

RogersZia

Topic Stats