NHL.com performance issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: NHL.com performance issues

I am getting the same thing. I have two computers, one laptop and one quad core monster. The laptop is WIFI and the desktop is hard wired. I have the highest Rogers internet package. But the hockey game is choppy.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @cmcenzc506,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can definitely understand how that can be frustrating and it certainly sounds like you have a more than capable PC, with internet package. 

Are you experiencing this issue on any other platform? Tablets or phone?

If you can kindly PM us @CommunityHelps so we can escalate a ticket to look into this further.

You can find instructions on how PM works, here.

I've Been Around

No solutions, and it looks like everyone is clueless when it comes to trying to fix a problem.

Yes, the feed is often awful on replays, no matter what device or type of connection you use. Any other sites providing full HD videos works without any trouble, so it's clearly NHL.com who is responsible for that, not users!

I've experienced terrible quality videos and bugs for couple of years now, and all the answers I get lead nowhere. Actually there's not even a beginning to a real answer.

Paying for this is not really acceptable, and people are indeed frustrated. Thanks for refreshing our memories about that.

I've Been Around

Hi! 

I have an issue watching NHL games. The issue is in choppy video. I use wired Ethernet computer and it is awful. Same with wired laptop.  Though on my iPhone no issues. It is uncomfortable to watch it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Alright,

I've had enough. I've been using gamecenter all season and it CONSTANTLY has issues with laggy video on PC. What is wrong with your service Rogers? Mobile is fine, even my PS4 is okay, but anytime I try to watch gamecenter in browser on my high end laptop with a dedicated graphics card and i7 processor, nothing but lag. I have 150mbps down at my place and every other streaming service I use has no issues.

I'm at the point where I want it fixed or have my money refunded. It is criminal that I am paying for this. Does anyone have any solutions? I just want to watch hockey.

Hello @byfan,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Laggy games can definitely cause a frustrating experience.

Can you confirm if it's lagging with both WiFi and Ethernet?  Let us know!

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

Just WiFi for my laptop (no ethernet ports), but as I said, still have great speeds and never experience these issues on other streaming services. It also doesn't seem to be a result of my location because I've had the same issues in many different places with good internet connections.

It'd be great to get something other than a canned response. It doesn't seem anyone has a real answer anywhere on this site.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @byfan,

Thank you for the additional information. As mentioned above, if you can kindly PM us @CommunityHelps so we can escalate a ticket to look into this further. Its especially concerning that you're not affected on any other platforms.

You can find instructions on how PM works, here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersCilio

I've Been Around

I have the NHL program and when I stream it, it is extremely laggy.  I am achieving 49 Mbps download speed with a single item being used on the internet.  Using a wifi connection.  Netflix on the same computer never lags.   On my iphone, there are no lagging issues.  I pay for this service, which I understand after signing up that I should be getting this for free anyway due to the Ignite package.  Very frustrated and looking for assistance.

Hello, @fordisjobone

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. It's certainly not a pleasant experience when the game is lagging. Since streaming the game on other wireless devices is not impacted the issue can be isolated to that wireless computer. What operating system that computer is running? Have you tried different browsers?

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats