NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: NHL Gamecentre Live and Chrome Cast

@RogersMoin wrote:

Thank you all for reporting the issue and I appreciate your patience.

@Rehcuob and @Dugi - Both of you reported that you are seeing highlights of another game instead of the actual game. Thank you for the feedback. This thread will be updated as the solution becomes available. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Patience lasts only so long. The cast icon is not even there now. How long do we have to wait for a an update on this issue?

I've Been Here Awhile

My patience has run out. I will be cancelling my internet with Rogers because of this.
I Plan to Stick Around

When attempting to stream a game in chrome I am taken to a page with this error:

"Application Error

An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

I'm Here A Lot

Just like to say I'm having the same issue as everyone in this thread! I'm past the point of patient as its been well over 3 weeks and this issue has been persistent. Does ANYONE have any kind of update on what is happening here? I'm experiencing the problems when trying to cast from ANY device to my TV.

I can provide information if needed but I would like this solved ASAP please!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed last night that the native support (as in the cast button being integrated right into the media itself) is back and I tried it on a couple of different games and it seems to be working.  I did not experience any problems.  The only thing I'll note is that the full screen button on the lower bar to control the media moves to the right and out of the visible window when the cast button appears.  You only have a split second when you load the game to press fullscreen otherwise you have to refresh the window.  

I have not yet tried it from my phone to see if the media error 3 is resolved.  I'll give that a shot tonight when I watch my jets play at 6.  Anyways good on rogers for actually fixing the native cast support, that cast extension is just not the right way to go about casting.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was experiencing issues even with the built in Chromecast option earlier tonight as well. Same "Media is unavailable" error. No idea how or when this will be fixed, or if its just dependent on what game you're casting.
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

@Rehcuob and @Dugi - Both of you reported that you are seeing highlights of another game instead of the actual game. Thank you for the feedback. This thread will be updated as the solution becomes available. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Well despite the promise of an update that never happened, I can provide my own update. Instead of seeing highlights of another game, the actual game is now viewable. In addition, the cast icon has returned on a PC and works beautifully. I watched a game the other night, streamed from my laptop through Chromecast and and everything worked great; even got a better picture than watching a game on Sportsnet. Also, no more error messages are occuring either - on any device that we use: iPad, Android phone or PC. Thanks rogers, but it still would have nice to have received an update. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I can no longer watch live games from the start when streaming to chromecast. This is a new issue that popped up within the last week or so. 

This is occuring both on desktop and in the android app.

Streaming a game from replay fails to load and sticks me with a "ready to cast" screen with the NHL logo.

I've tried with multiple phones, computers, and chromecast devices. 

In addition the chromecast icon doesn't even display correctly on PC (hot tip if you switch to full screen mode and back it magically appears).

I spent an hour and a half in support chat. The first person asked me a few questions then transfered me to a more technical person, the next persion said they were not a "pc expert" and told me chromecast was not supported. When I corrected (it's clearly supported) her she said the issue was with my chromecast device. 

Rogers clearly has no intention of solving these issues, and their techs only shift blame onto the customers. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Three weeks later, the issues with chromecast have not been addressed and this hasn't been touched by a mod despite being one of the top Gamecenter threads. 

After the way these issues were not only dismissed but blamed on me I will not be resubscribing next year. 

If any chromecast users are considering subscribing do not. Chromecast is not fully supported.

You can watch past games just fine, but ongoing games don't seem to work from android devices. And when streaming from PC you do not get a timeline for live games (can't pause, rewind, skip breaks etc).  The feature is basically useless for live games. 

I'm Here A Lot

I was having many of the same issues you were having but mine seems to have cleared up by doing an update on my Chromecast (Gen 2). In order to update you need to drop its configuration and then run through setup again and it will auto update during setup.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6292664?hl=en&ref_topic=7032241

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014?hl=en