NHL Gamecentre LIVE FireTV Support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NHL Gamecentre LIVE FireTV Support

Just want to show my support for the request to have NHL.TV available on fire TV. Have to switch back and forth between set top boxes for different services is painful.  Hopefully, this is at least on your roadmap. 

Thanks.

I've Been Around

I'm also very disappointed not to have FireTV support considering that there is an NHL.tv app in the USA, which is the same thing as Rogers NHL Live...

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey the Fire TV NHL app now works with a Rogers NHL credentials!!

Works great I'm so happy.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hmmm.. it doesn't take my Rogers Center Ice login. Was there somewhere you picked "rogers center ice" vs "nhl.tv" credentials. Or any other tick to make it work?

I've Been Here Awhile

I think the problem is our fire tv devices are from USA and use amazon.com for their App Store 

I've Been Here Awhile

Fellows I can confirm it work - under the settings tab there now is a Roger Centre Ice login option - validate once and everything work from then on.

@GusVos wrote:

Hmmm.. it doesn't take my Rogers Center Ice login. Was there somewhere you picked "rogers center ice" vs "nhl.tv" credentials. Or any other tick to make it work?

I've Been Here Awhile

Can confirm there is no tab under settings whatsoever that gives you an option to switch it says “sorry but the account you”re using is not entitled to view this content . Please subscribe or our grade your account “ My login works perfectly with my rocku and Apple TV I guarantee it has to be with the stick purchased in USA before they were available in Canada. It must be geo locked somehow and would only work if it was purchased in Canada 

I've Been Here Awhile

@Zilla376 wrote:

My login works perfectly with my rocku and Apple TV I guarantee it has to be with the stick purchased in USA before they were available in Canada. It must be geo locked somehow and would only work if it was purchased in Canada 

Not sure - are you on the latest NHL.tv FireTV app?  I purchased two FireTv boxes in the USA before they were available in Canada and the app now works great on both of them.  Under settings on my FireTV app there is a separate login for Rogers subscribers.   

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You are correct the trick is to skip the initial login head to settings and login from there 

I've Been Around

"Hope this helps!"

Nope.  Not in the slightest.  FireTV is an Android platform...  So essentially you're saying "We support Android, but not Android"