cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL Gamecentre LIVE FireTV Support

RFelker
I've been here awhile

Will Rogers ever develop a supported gamecentre live app for the Amazon FireTV! This is a fantastic android based hardware platform and should really have a gamecentre app!

*** Edited Labels ***

19 REPLIES 19

Re: NHL Gamecentre LIVE FireTV Support

RogersShaun
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @RFelker,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post.

It sounds like you're as excited as I am for puck drop! I'd personally love to see NHL apps for as many devices as possible, but unfortunately, at this time, there are no plans to release an app for Amazon Fire TV.  Fire TV is a great little device, but its "official" availability in Canada is up in the air at the moment from what I can tell.

In the meantime, there are apps available for Android, iOS, Xbox One, PS4, Roku and Google Chromecast.

Hope this helps!

RogersShaun

RFelker
I've been here awhile

Gamecentre Live is supposed to be supported worldwide, what does FireTV availability in Canada have to do with anything?

Hello again @RFelker,

I understand your interest for the compatibility of Rogers NHL LIVE on FireTV.

However at this time, we do not have any information on whether it will be available. 

Click here to check out our list of supported devices >

For more information on Rogers NHL LIVE and it's availability, check out Monday's BlogSmiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Amazon fire stick is now released in Canada

It is my understanding that NHL Gamecentre Live is available for the American Fire TV subscribers. Why can't we get the developer to introduce the app here in Canada. The Amazon Fire TV is now available legally across North America including Canada. Rogers should push it, in order for us Canadian Fire TV owners.

Hello @MJViau,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Amazon Fire is a great platform! I use it often myself so I can understand wanting to pair that with your Rogers NHL Live subscription. 

At this time, Amazon Fire is not a supported platform, you can see a list of all of our supported devices by Clicking Here. I know this may not be the news you wanted to hear but we do appreciate your feedback.

RogersTony

harleyone
I've been here awhile

Well you can load the Kodi app onto the Fire stick and inside Kodi load the NHL app.

Although this does work it is complicated.

There is already a NHL fire stick app in the US market? Why cant this just be opened to Canadians? Not reinventing the wheel here.

pwr
I've been here awhile

NHL.TV has a terrific app for Fire TV, why in the world is this not available for Rogers NHL Gamecentre subscribers?

We already pay more in Canada for a Rogers NHL Gamecentre subscription than an international pricing subscription on NHL.TV why can we not get at least the same level of service?

What is Rogers plan to address this?

Good evening @pwr,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community! 

As indicated above:

@RogersTony wrote: 

At this time, Amazon Fire is not a supported platform, [...].

Rogers NHL LIVE™ is currently available on multiple platforms including:

• Select Android and iOS smartphones and tablets
  • Select PC and Mac desktops
  • Xbox One
  • PlayStation 4
  • Roku
  • Apple TV (3rd gen and later)
  • Google Chromecast

Keep an eye on our System Requirements page for more info!

RogersMaude

GusVos
I've been here awhile

Just want to show my support for the request to have NHL.TV available on fire TV. Have to switch back and forth between set top boxes for different services is painful.  Hopefully, this is at least on your roadmap. 

Thanks.

pat3500
I've been around

I'm also very disappointed not to have FireTV support considering that there is an NHL.tv app in the USA, which is the same thing as Rogers NHL Live...

pwr
I've been here awhile

Hey the Fire TV NHL app now works with a Rogers NHL credentials!!

Works great I'm so happy.

GusVos
I've been here awhile

Hmmm.. it doesn't take my Rogers Center Ice login. Was there somewhere you picked "rogers center ice" vs "nhl.tv" credentials. Or any other tick to make it work?

Zilla376
I've been here awhile

I think the problem is our fire tv devices are from USA and use amazon.com for their App Store 

pwr
I've been here awhile

Fellows I can confirm it work - under the settings tab there now is a Roger Centre Ice login option - validate once and everything work from then on.

@GusVos wrote:

Hmmm.. it doesn't take my Rogers Center Ice login. Was there somewhere you picked "rogers center ice" vs "nhl.tv" credentials. Or any other tick to make it work?

Zilla376
I've been here awhile

Can confirm there is no tab under settings whatsoever that gives you an option to switch it says “sorry but the account you”re using is not entitled to view this content . Please subscribe or our grade your account “ My login works perfectly with my rocku and Apple TV I guarantee it has to be with the stick purchased in USA before they were available in Canada. It must be geo locked somehow and would only work if it was purchased in Canada 

pwr
I've been here awhile

@Zilla376 wrote:

My login works perfectly with my rocku and Apple TV I guarantee it has to be with the stick purchased in USA before they were available in Canada. It must be geo locked somehow and would only work if it was purchased in Canada 

Not sure - are you on the latest NHL.tv FireTV app?  I purchased two FireTv boxes in the USA before they were available in Canada and the app now works great on both of them.  Under settings on my FireTV app there is a separate login for Rogers subscribers.   

Zilla376
I've been here awhile

You are correct the trick is to skip the initial login head to settings and login from there 

"Hope this helps!"

Nope.  Not in the slightest.  FireTV is an Android platform...  So essentially you're saying "We support Android, but not Android"

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation