NHL Gamecenter desktop browser UI issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NHL Gamecenter desktop browser UI issues

Full screen has been restored but the chromecast icon is now gone. 

Scores still default to on. This is completly unacceptable. 

This option should be saved within your account. That is probably a large change but in the meantime they could at least default the score to off. That is a minor fix and I can't understand why it hasn't been done yet. It should never have been setup that way in the first place, there clearly was no real user testing for this system. 

I've Been Around

Does anyone know why Gamecentre LIVE video feed buffers every 10 seconds when streaming on my PC ?  This causes the video & audio to skip for about 1/2 a second.  This occurs on both browsers that I use, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.  Operating system is Windows 10.  

I can watch GCL on my iPhone or AppleTV and it streams perfectly.  But not on my PC.  Every 10 seconds, for the whole game.  Buffer, Buffer, Buffer.  Between buffers the video is excellent.  Does anyone else have this annoying issue with PC browser and GCL?

I've Been Here Awhile

How dissapointing that showing scores by default was an original 'feature' that hasn't been fixed. Such a simple fix too. After travelling, I come here to replay the two game 7s and I see the scores before I click play.

Seems logic wasn't much of a requirement during the development phase.

Hello, @ZenZen

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. I see your point in not knowing the score before watching the game. I suggest enabling the "Hide Scores" option listed in the Settings menu for any missed games in future. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately settings do not exist for the desktop in browser interface.

Using a computer or laptop you have to click "hide scores" every time you log into the site. This is not saved in any way.

The topic is "desktop browser UI issues".

Hello, @micredable

Thank you for pointing out that the issue is desktop browser UI related. I'll get in touch with back-end team and provide an update as it becomes available. I appreciate your understanding. 

Update:

Hello, Community! I have a good news to share, the back-end team has corrected the issue, now when you set the Scores to off, the browser will remember the setting. Thank you all for your continuous patience. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Shouldn't it just be set to off as a default?! If I still have to go in and turn it off I will see the scores. Change it so that you have to turn it on. Makes sense don't you think?

Hello, @ZenZen

Thank you for your feedback, I will certainly pass it along for the review. I appreciate your participation and thank you for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin

Has there been an update to this for upcoming season?

Hi @micredable,

We're still doing some tweaks to the interface for this upcoming season.

Stay tuned closer to puck drop for further updates!

RogersShaun