cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL Gamecenter desktop browser UI issues

Sharkbasket
I've been here awhile

Hi, I love the Gamecenter Live service, but ever since you revamped the UI, there have been a few issues that are driving me crazy...

First, and most importantly... On the Schedule page, the "Scores On/Off" toggle button always defaults to "On", even if I turned it off previously. Navigating away from the page after turning it off always results in the toggle being set to "On" when I return.

This is awful, because it means that the results of games I haven't watched yet will always be spoiled instantly upon opening the schedule page. Please fix this ASAP.

Second, when viewing a game, I often need to scroll my browser window down a little bit to reach the fullscreen button in the bottom right corner of the window. However, doing this invariably causes the whole media player window to be shrunk picture-in-picture style at the top of the screen, where the fullscreen button is not available. I then need to scroll up again to bring the media player back into the main window... but if I scroll up too much the fullscreen button is back off the bottom of the screen.

This is VERY ANNOYING. The media player should not be put picture-in-picture until the viewing window is completely off the screen. Seems like someone tried to do something fancy with the way the UI morphs when scrolling, but it seriously needs to be looked at again.

Last, why is there no option to submit feedback on the Contact Us page? The only thing there is a phone number. Not even an email address!

I much preferred the original Gamecentre UI.

macOS 10.12

Primarily viewing with Safari 10.0 and Chrome 53.0

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NHL Gamecenter desktop browser UI issues

Hello, @micredable

Thank you for pointing out that the issue is desktop browser UI related. I'll get in touch with back-end team and provide an update as it becomes available. I appreciate your understanding. 

Update:

Hello, Community! I have a good news to share, the back-end team has corrected the issue, now when you set the Scores to off, the browser will remember the setting. Thank you all for your continuous patience. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

RogersMoin

Hello, @Sharkbasket

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting detailed feedback with respect to the Rogers GameCentre Live browser interface. I will pass on your feedback to the responsible team. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Bradleygregorye
I've been around
I'm having the same issue with the picture in picture mode popping up before I can get my viewer low enough to get the Fullscreen button to show. This is incredibly frustrating and needs to be fixed immediately.

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @Sharkbasket

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting detailed feedback with respect to the Rogers GameCentre Live browser interface. I will pass on your feedback to the responsible team. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Is the repsonsible team doing anything. It is so frustrating trying to get to full screen. 

Hello, @Dugi

Thank you for your patience. We will update the Community as soon as the information becomes available to us. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersMoin

While I appreciate your response, I am curious as to how long our patience is to be expected. One poster has already indicated that his patience has run out and that he will be cancelling rogers internet over all of these GCL issues. As customers, all we want is for a service to work and not feel like we are being given nothing but mere platitudes by rogers. 

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersMoin

Any updates on this issue?

Hi @Dugi

Thank you for your patience on this issue. We will provide you with an update once it's available.

RogersPrasana

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersPrasana wrote:

Hi @Dugi

Thank you for your patience on this issue. We will provide you with an update once it's available.

RogersPrasana

Yes, I have been patient and despite not hearing anything at all from rogers in the way of an update, I can report that the browser UI issues have improved in that the chromecast icon has been restored but there no longer appears to be an option to go to full screen when viewing on a PC or a laptop. This needs to be rectified.

AdamKay
I'm here a lot

It blows me away that they can make updates like this and not even bother to test them beforehand, then not bothering to fix them for over a week. This is for a service people pay 200$+ a year for......

micredable
I plan to stick around

Full screen has been restored but the chromecast icon is now gone. 

Scores still default to on. This is completly unacceptable. 

This option should be saved within your account. That is probably a large change but in the meantime they could at least default the score to off. That is a minor fix and I can't understand why it hasn't been done yet. It should never have been setup that way in the first place, there clearly was no real user testing for this system. 

Does anyone know why Gamecentre LIVE video feed buffers every 10 seconds when streaming on my PC ?  This causes the video & audio to skip for about 1/2 a second.  This occurs on both browsers that I use, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.  Operating system is Windows 10.  

I can watch GCL on my iPhone or AppleTV and it streams perfectly.  But not on my PC.  Every 10 seconds, for the whole game.  Buffer, Buffer, Buffer.  Between buffers the video is excellent.  Does anyone else have this annoying issue with PC browser and GCL?

ZenZen
I've been here awhile

How dissapointing that showing scores by default was an original 'feature' that hasn't been fixed. Such a simple fix too. After travelling, I come here to replay the two game 7s and I see the scores before I click play.

Seems logic wasn't much of a requirement during the development phase.

Hello, @ZenZen

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. I see your point in not knowing the score before watching the game. I suggest enabling the "Hide Scores" option listed in the Settings menu for any missed games in future. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

micredable
I plan to stick around
Unfortunately settings do not exist for the desktop in browser interface.

Using a computer or laptop you have to click "hide scores" every time you log into the site. This is not saved in any way.

The topic is "desktop browser UI issues".

Hello, @micredable

Thank you for pointing out that the issue is desktop browser UI related. I'll get in touch with back-end team and provide an update as it becomes available. I appreciate your understanding. 

Update:

Hello, Community! I have a good news to share, the back-end team has corrected the issue, now when you set the Scores to off, the browser will remember the setting. Thank you all for your continuous patience. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

ZenZen
I've been here awhile
Shouldn't it just be set to off as a default?! If I still have to go in and turn it off I will see the scores. Change it so that you have to turn it on. Makes sense don't you think?

Hello, @ZenZen

Thank you for your feedback, I will certainly pass it along for the review. I appreciate your participation and thank you for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

micredable
I plan to stick around

@RogersMoin

Has there been an update to this for upcoming season?

Hi @micredable,

We're still doing some tweaks to the interface for this upcoming season.

Stay tuned closer to puck drop for further updates!

RogersShaun

For those of you still having an issue with the scrolling and the feed shrinking to a PiP type of image, try this.

"zoom out" in your web browser. To do this either hold ctrl and scroll, or go to the settings button and click the minus button next to zoom. I had to shrink my screen to 80% to be able to see the full screen button. Not a great solution, but it works for me!
Topic Stats