cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL App not playing stream

jandrew2
I'm here a lot

Hi,

So I'm having issues with my gamecentre live subscription on my Apple TV (3rd generation). And I'm at my wits end.

I'm able to log in but there is no streaming available. Here's my log in procedure;

Settings>Buy Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE>Existing Users-Sign in>Log In with MyRogers Account

I proceed to enter my login ID and password with no problems. But when I go to select "Today's Games/Scores" nothing happens, and I mean nothing. I click the select button once, nothing, twice, nothing, hold for awhile, nothing. I select "Video" and I get lot's of video snippets but no games. I select "Teams" and it takes me to a page that says "Team By Team" at the top but then "Error loading teams data: TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating 'e[o].value.split(",")')" Below that it says "ok" and I click select for it to take me back to the main menu.

I have already tried logging out and logging back in. I've tried turning the apple tv off and on. I've tried restoring my apple tv (and now my wife is mad because she can't remember the netflix password). I even tried phoning rogers technical support and the person said it was becuase of blackout restrictions but this has to be bogus because I live in Saskatchewan and I couldn't get any of the games last night (Oct 12/16). Not one. I told her I was in Sk too and that was her only suggestion.

I tried looking on apples website https://support.apple.com/en-ie/ht204153 where this info is shown for content provider support;

NHL

• Available worldwide except in Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden
  • Subscription required
  • Billing, account, or technical support
  • Or call 866-210-6349 (North America) or 407-708-1356 (outside North America

I called both numbers and they rang busy signals after many, many attempts.

As you can see I've tried many different ways to figure this out and posting on here is my last ditch effort. I'm also a little confused by how to log in through my laptop. I go to rogers.com/nhl and click Sign In at the top right corner. It takes me to https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/signin/ but there is no place to actually enter my login and password. Is any body else getting this? How are people logging in? I go to NHL.com to log in and it looks like I can watch old games but I haven't tried watching live games yet. I'm able to watch live on my phone but I really don't think that's practical when I've got friends over.

To be honest I'm a little dissapointed. Maybe it's because I've been watching MLB.tv all summer and there has been no issues. But this almost feels like because I don't actually have a rogers tv subscription that my gamecentre live subscription is just an after thought. I payed $180 for this so I don't have to get cable and watch commercials but I'm almost to the point of getting a refund. I get there's kinks but I'm not getting the technical support I feel I need.

Help please!!

*Edited Labels*

42 REPLIES 42

RE: NHL App not playing stream

DSgamby
I plan to stick around

The problem is known and it affects multiple devices. I can't watch on iPad, iPhone or PC. It works on my PS4.

Re: RE: NHL App not playing stream

DSgamby
I plan to stick around
It is working now somewhat. iPhone scores are not updated but can still watch the games.

Hello @Mrfreeze_Van,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how frustrating it can be when you unable to catch the big Hockey games and watch your favourite teams due to technical issues. We have had numerous reports of these issues being resolved since last night.

Are you still experiencing issues with no feeds being available on your Roku box? Are any other devices experiencing similar issues?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

Mrfreeze_Van
I've been here awhile

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back to me. The issue was solved yesterday, too late for the game but it's working now.

Regards,

Re: NHL App not playing stream

glassmanx
I've been here awhile

Im on the Rogers nhl Game Center schedule page but it doesn't acknowledge and load the game I select to watch. Whats happening?

Hello @glassmanx,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

As a fellow hockey nut, I hope we can get this resolved for you. Can you provide some additional details so we can assist further? What kind of device and browser were you using? Were you able to successfully login? Are you able to watch games on another device or computer? 

Let us know!

RogersShaun

glassmanx
I've been here awhile
I’m using a MacBook Pro. I can watch games on my iPhone 6 but recently I’ve been unable to select games to watch on my MacBook. I’m using safari browser

Good day @glassmanx,

Thank you for your post!

I understand that being unable to stream your team's games on your MacBook Pro can cause some inconveniences and we most definitely want to help you resolve this issue.

First of all, we need to identify the root cause of the issue. For that, I will need more information from you:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to select games to watch?
  • Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting your cookies?

To do so in Safari, please go to Preferences > Privacy and then choose "remove website data".

• Have you tried any troubleshooting measures when you notice the issue?

If this does not help, you could potentially consider downloading Google Chrome on your MacBook.

Let us know if you still require assistance!

We want to assist you in reaching a resolution as soon as possible. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

glassmanx
I've been here awhile
No I’m not getting an error message. When I click on watch live icon next to a game it just doesn’t load the game or acknowledge any selection.
I cleared cache and still it won’t load the game.
I’ll try downloading Google Chrome and using that as my browser.

Hi @glassmanx,

Thanks for the additional information.

Were you able to test out live games with Google Chrome?  Keep us posted on your results!

RogersShaun

ISurender
I've been here awhile

Nhl iPhone app

I’m having issues watching games on my phone. I’m basically going in circles logging in and clicking on ‘watch’ for the game I select which takes me back to the my Rogers login screen. Everything else works.

Hello @ISurender,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for reaching out.

I know how important it is to have access to games on the go, so I'm hopeful we can get this resolved for you.

Were games working previously for you? Are you able to watch any games at all, or was it one specific game? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app? 

Let us know!

RogersShaun

ISurender
I've been here awhile
Thanks, I was able to resolve my issue

newestguy
I've been here awhile

Rogers NHL Live on Apple TV (3rd generation) Stopped Working but I can watch on every other device

I have a NHL Live account.  I can watch games live on my Iphone, Ipad and was able to do it on ChromeCast.  I used to be able to do it on my Apple TV 3rd gen but now when I try and log in it kicks me out.  I can watch all highlights, it just won't recognize my account to allow me to watch games.  

Any help would be appreciated since playoffs are only a week away!

newestguy
I've been here awhile
Ok after nearly 2 hours on hold finally got to the Rogers NHL help desk and problem was solved.
1) Go into settings in NHL app on Apple TV
2) Log out
3) Go into a game and log back in

I was told that if that doesn't work next solution to try is to uninstall app and reinstall. Not sure how to do that on Apple TV but was told there are Youtube vids for that.

Lastly if the above doesn't work the tech mentioned something about them being able to reset the account on their end or something along those lines.

The tech mentioned that Apple TVs have been given them a lot of problems over the last year.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @newestguy,

Thank you for updating the Community. I hope the troubleshooting steps were helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions about thisRobot Happy!

RogersZia

Sakic1900
I've been here awhile
I tried to login to center ice app and it asks me to reset my password I did that and it still doesnt work

Hey @Sakic1900

Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am super excited for the NHL season to start in a week. 

Did you purchase a subscription for 2018 - 2019 Rogers NHL Live season?  

Are you trying to log in using your MyRogers online account credentials?

Are you able to log into Rogers NHL Live successfully on a computer? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

RogersAli

Sakic1900
I've been here awhile
I did not purchase it but when I got my Rogers account I was told I get nhl center ice for free .is that still on and is it only for the regular season and not the pre season

Hey @Sakic1900

Thank you for the information, I will be able to assist you better once I have access to your account. Since Community is a public platform, I would recommend you to send us a PM @CommunityHelps.

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersAli 

Cpeters456
I've been around
How did you fix the problem? I cannot play any game on my Apple TV app, however I can play from any phone or tablet and mirror to Apple tv
Topic Stats