cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL All-Star Skills competition NOT AVAILABLE

KGill67
I plan to stick around

After spending a week being reassured by Rogers NHL Live support staff that the NHL All-Star Skills competition would be available to NHL Live subscribers, I found out today, five hours before the event, that the Skills competition will NOT be available.

This is a signature NHL event.  It is being televised by SportsNet, which is owned by Rogers.  I have a paid  Rogers NHL Live subscription.  Why am I not able to watch this event?  

The advice from Rogers NHL Live support was that I could watch the Skills competition on CBC.   No, I can't, as I was assured that all NHL content would be available via Rogers NHL Live, so I dropped my cable subscription.

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NHL All-Star Skills competition NOT AVAILABLE

KGill67
I plan to stick around

Your support people today confirmed that although the All Star GAMES will be shown on Saturday, the All Stars SKILLS COMPETITION, which happens on Friday evening, will not be available through Rogers NHL Live.   I've been hunting on the NHL website for a link to the skills competition, but haven't found it yet.  Any clues?

EDITED TO ADD:  I have found a link to the All Star Skills Competition on the CBC Sports website.  I will watch it through their portal, as I still can't find a link to it from the NHL website, the NHL app, or the Rogers NHL Live website.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersZia

Good evening @KGill67,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post 🙂 .

I can imagine how excited fans are for the NHL All-Star Skills competition. May I know where you learnt that you won't be able to view the event? 

Rogers NHL LIVE subscribers can stream the 2019 NHL All Star Game on Saturday, January 26 2019. Rogers customers can stream the All-Star Skills Competition on the NHL desktop experience at no charge. No Rogers NHL LIVE subscription is required.

RogersZia

KGill67
I plan to stick around

Your support people today confirmed that although the All Star GAMES will be shown on Saturday, the All Stars SKILLS COMPETITION, which happens on Friday evening, will not be available through Rogers NHL Live.   I've been hunting on the NHL website for a link to the skills competition, but haven't found it yet.  Any clues?

EDITED TO ADD:  I have found a link to the All Star Skills Competition on the CBC Sports website.  I will watch it through their portal, as I still can't find a link to it from the NHL website, the NHL app, or the Rogers NHL Live website.

Hello @KGill67,

Thank you for updating us 🙂, I hope you enjoyed the competition.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation