GCL Casting Error 3 - This media is temporarily unavailable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: GCL Casting Error 3 - This media is temporarily unavailable

I've been a new GCL subscriber since Tuesday. I had a similar experience that evening - the dreaded error 3 message appeared on every game I tried to cast although the streams were just fine on my Android device. Anyway, last night's games (Wednesday) seemed to cast just fine for the parts I watched (about a period of one game). No Error 3 occurrence.

I contacted Twitter @RogersHelps Wednesday morning to report the issue (making reference to this thread). I got a quick response stating that "the Chromecast issue was connected to a blackout issue some customers experienced. We are aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved quickly."

I thought I'd add this to the thread for others to see if they encounter a similar issue.
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having the same thing happen here but on ALL devices when trying to cast a game to my TV. That includes android phone, ipad and Google Chrome browser. HOW is this acceptable? We're paying over 200$ for a service that isn't even working?

When I spoke to a rep through the chat I was told that Chromecast isn't a supported feature? What? Why is it included in the app then?

Has anyone received any kind of update on this issue? I'd really like to get back to watching my games on my TV...

Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

Just like to say I'm having the same issue as everyone in this thread! I'm past the point of patient as its been well over 3 weeks and this issue has been persistent. Does ANYONE have any kind of update on what is happening here? I'm experiencing the problems when trying to cast from ANY device to my TV.

I can provide information if needed but I would like this solved ASAP please!!!

I've Been Around

A year later this issue still exists.

Casting from my iPhone to my Chromecast TV, in toronto. Feed works great on my phone, but as soon as I cast it to the TV, error 3 NHL_Home_Team_Blackout.

Hi @jordyjordo,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post.

I'd be frustrated too if I couldn't watch my team, so I hope we can get this fixed for you.  I'm just wondering if you're only having this issue when you're trying to cast the home broadcast for Leafs games, or if you're unable to cast any game at all?  

I'm a Chromecast user myself, but I've yet to test out any Leafs games on it so far this season, but I'll be sure to try mine this Thursday during the Leafs/Hurricanes game. 

Let us know!

RogersShaun

I'm a Senior Contributor

This service is terrible. In attempting to watch a game on Chromecast this evening I had buffering so bad that the game became unwatchable. When there was a picture, it was nothing but a blur. Then came "The media is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few moments." Why is it that that I can watch any other service using Chromecast, but when it comes to NHL Live, I experience problem after problem after problem. Rogers - if you ever want to charge me for this service - NO THANKS! 

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers NHL Live All Games Blacked Out

I can watch out of market games on my tablet but when trying to cast I get black out restrictions. When trying to access using wired connection through my powerline adapters all games are blacked out. I live on the east coast and last nights leafs game with Detroit was blacked out....this is not acceptable. I am a first time subscription purchaser and am having a really bad experience. I have not been able to watch a game yet. This needs to be resolved or another unhappy customer gone.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello @Wannawatch,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Watching the game on the big screen is always a better experience than a tablet or phone screen so I can understand how annoying it must be to get these errors when trying to cast. =(

Are you using an Android device with the Google Cast App downloaded and installed? You should be able to cast without issue to a Chromecast device as long as both devices are sharing the same Wi-Fi connection.

Are you getting all games blacked out on your computers/laptops connected via the Powerline adapters? Do you get the same problems when connected via Wi-Fi or connecting directly to the modem by-passing the Powerline adapters?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony